Core burst

Kiara's P.O.V.

        Run, run and run Kiara. This was nasty. I was running inside a tunnel. It was dark and not so scary, much better than Don's grave room.

          Dirty water was flowing in the centre. I was walking on the left side wearing those painful black heels. What else do you aspect ? I had to manage in whatever shit I had and I don't want to dirty my legs in this fungal place.

     But it is said ' shit happens' and that shit happened with me. My opaque bottom of pointed heel slipped on the wet green fungal floor. My leg flew up in the air, body tilted back downwards and Thudang!  I fell on the ground on my torso.
  "Arghhhh! " stupid Kiara ! Who told you to run in heels in a drainage tunnel. I sat in indian style and removed those heels, cursing them.

          I brought my arm close to my nose and yaks! I smell carrots. Not actually carrots but a stinky wet smell of... I don't wanna say of what.

   I quickly stood up and rushed ahead. I reached the spot. climbing the ladder, I removed a ruler like iron bar thin at the top . I placed it in between the inner wall and lid. With a lot of force the lid was opened. I stepped up removing it aside. I peeked out finding for any human around. Thankfully no one was here.

    It looked like a small grocery shopping which closed down decades ago. I kept my hands on the floor and pulled my body up, coming out of the tunnel. I stood up cleaning my clothes. Later by small kicks the lid was brought back to its original place closing it.

      There was nothing useful for me. All I could see was spider webs, dust and decayed wood. The place was empty.

      I rubbed my sleeve on the glass of the door to peeped out. Clear. The door was jammed so after a few kicks, hits with the rod the circular knob was broken. I pulled it out and threw it away. I opened the door in the inside.

      I came out of the shop. I wasn't far away from Don's building. Just seven hundred meters away. I could not afford to take a car from that building whose exit with a car was dangerous because it was the biggest risk and choosing the land around his building is a major risk as it was a desert area and landmines were present in every ten meter radius. All I could see was two paths for me one heading to Don's web and the other showed only road for miles to walk.

            I turned my body towards the long never ending road and started walking but this time wearing my heels because sun was out not over my head but still it's heat was burning the  tar road.

        I realised that the sun was almost forty five degrees from the ground level. I chuckled.

" Terminated ! " and within seconds it took place.

        What happens when the core of a building is destroyed ? A  blasting sound of explosion came. The building almost eight hundred meters away from me have blasted. I need not have an urge to turn around, just walked casually because I am the one who did this mindblowing job.

       I know all yourl could see was orange fire with black brown layers   erupting from my back the sky was filled with black smoke rising up  and major part of the building falling on the ground.

*****

   Author's P.O.V.

     Varun was walking in a passage filled with soldiers standing in attention position with their rifle's barrel pointing the roof.

      He stopped in front of a brown well polished door. A soldier opened it for him and he walked in.

     It was a huge cell having pale  white coloured walls. On his right were wooden shelves with trophies, frames, books etc. In the front there were four man standing facing their backs. Varun walked and halted in the middle having two two people on either sides. On Varun's left was Kulkarni and on his right was Arav. He stamped his foot on the floor and gave salute to a man in his mid fiftys wearing a dark green coloured uniform with lots of batches and stars on his chest and shoulders.