"I used it two days ago." I whispered, rubbing my chin. I dared a glance at Harry and he stared at me blankly, so I continued.

"I...I ran into Sam, the guy that came to the flat yesterday, after school." I took in a shaky breath and glanced up at the ceiling. "He kept badgering me and I-I gave in. So he gave me a real small amount of it, like less than a gram. I-I got high on less than half of it and you took the rest." I couldn't bring myself to look up at Harry.

"I really didn't have that much. I guess I'm just not used to having that small amount so I have a fever and I'm... jumpy."

I continued, "And then-and then... well, I told him that he could come by here on Friday, but of course he just had to mix up the dates." I came clean, barely stopping to take a breath.

Even though I knew Harry was obviously disappointed by my story, it felt strangely amazing to get that off my chest.

I looked up at Harry after finishing my little confession. I was expecting a scolding or a stern gaze, but all of his features were softened.
My eyes widened when I saw his eyes were glossy.

"Yeah well, I'm beyond thankful of that high out of his mind dealer for mixing up the days." He sounded normal, his voice didn't crack or give any sigh that he was holding back tears, but it was obvious he was.

"Are you...are you okay?" I looked down at my plate of vegetables and pretended to be distracted, so I didn't have to look at him.

"I'm fine, Lou." He sighed, he didn't sound fine. I had never seen Harry cry, or look close to crying. I absolutely hated it.

I did this to him. My stupid decision making led him to be this upset.

"Why am I such a screw up?" I groaned, burning my face in my hands.

"You're not—"

"Just stop. Don't tell me I'm a good kid, I'm sick of you lying. You've been nothing but good to me and all I've done is treat you like shit the whole time I've been here!" My throat started to hurt from straining my voice and holding back tears.

"I'm-I'm just sorry you had to know Lindsay at all and that she forced you into all this and that I'm just not the same kid you used to know." I rambled.

"Take a breath for me." Harry spoke slowly. I listened to his advice, for once, and took in a breath through my nose and out through my mouth.

"See? Even after I basically yell at you, you're still nice. God-fucking-dammit." I cussed. "I can't even do the one thing you asked! I'm still fucking swearing at you all the time!" I continued to vent.

"You're working yourself up, love." I didn't stop to look at him and continued to put myself down.

"Why can't you get me back for all of the times I've been a complete dick?" My throat hurt more than ever as I finished, tears threatening to fall from my eyes, but I pushed them away.

"Come on." He stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What?"

"Get up." He told me, his tone strict. I stood from my chair and before I could ask why he wanted me to stand, I was engulfed in a hug.

My head was rested against his chest, as my arms hung by my side in shock. Harry rubbed my back soothingly, as he held me.

I cautiously brought my arms up to wrap around him, and let them hover, somewhat awkwardly, over his back for a moment. I couldn't help but wonder how he always knew exactly what I needed.

I let my arms hold his much larger figure. Being the height that I was, I just about reached his neck, allowing him to rest his chin lightly on the top of my head.

I took in the nostalgic scent of Harry's cologne. He somehow always managed to smell like summer, even in the middle of the winter.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled into his jumper.

"You haven't a thing to be sorry for, darling." He whispered back. "As long as you promise me one thing right now." I could feel chest vibrate softly as he spoke. "You need to try for me. No more blowing off school and getting high."

"I promise, Hazza." I nodded against his chest, not noticing what I had called him.

"Thank you, sweetheart. And you know I love you right?" His tone was genuinely checking to see if I knew. That seemed to be his motto lately. He said it like three times a day.

I didn't have to look at him to know that his eyebrows were drawn together and he was giving me his famous concerned expression.

"Yeah." I nodded. I was surprised at the lack of hesitation in my answer.

"Believe it or not, I like having you around, Lou, so you're going to have to deal with me." I could hear the smile in his voice.

______________

"I see your Sunny D and raise you two Jaffa cakes." Niall pushed his juice carton and the two biscuits into the middle of the table were we were all gathered.

"We're not playing poker, you twat." Zayn shook his head.

"What are we playing then?" Niall took his snacks back and looked around the table.

"An old person game that Harry enjoys because he's actually a sixty year old man." I mumbled. Niall let out a loud laugh at that.

"Hey! It's not only for old people." Harry gave me a playful glare that I returned with an innocent smile.

"We're playing bridge, H." Liam said, "Doctors recommend that for elders so they don't get Alzheimer's."

I smiled as the rest of them laughed, shuffling my cards subconsciously.

"Why are you off work early?" I turned to Liam and Zayn. "And why are you not in class?" I turned to Niall. They all exchanged glances at my question. "Are you home because of me?" I asked.

"Do you have a problem with that, pumpkin?" Niall questioned, a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at the pet name and shrugged.

"Oh my god, you're such a teenager!" Niall exclaimed, mocking me by rolling his eyes back at me.

"Shut up." I smiled.

"You're just proving my point." He winked. "'Shut up' is the most teenager-like statement anyone could say."

"I'm not exactly allowed to swear right now, so 'shut up' is all I can say." I glanced to Harry, who was smiling fondly at me.

"That's adorable." Niall cooed. "Why is he so adorable?" Niall looked around the table.

"He is pretty adorable." Harry agreed. I could feel my cheeks heat up at the slightly humiliating attention.

"Let's just play bridge." I tried to change the subject.

"Now you want to play my game?" Harry teased. "Maybe we should just keep talking about how adorable you are instead."

Niall reached over and ruffled my hair, just as Zayn pinched my cheek. I leaned away from them and smacked their hands away.

"I hate you all." I crossed my arms.

As if it was rehearsed, they all spoke at the same time, all confessing their love for me in different ways.

"We love you too, Louis." Liam smiled. "Love you." Zayn said. Niall blew me a kiss as Harry
said, "I love you, LouBear." They all gave me cheesy smiles.

I rolled my eyes over dramatically, getting a chorus of laughter from all of them.

I didn't end this chapter in a cliff hanger! and everyone is happy at the end (which is a rare occurrence in this story)

how'd you like the character development? Louis actually told Harry how he was feeling?!?! and he was truthful?!? wow

love you all!!!

bu-byeeeee