Chapter Thirty: The Morning After

Start from the beginning

"Tasha and I had sex." Connor said bluntly, a smirk on his face. "I now understand why humans enjoy it so much."

Oh my god, is this really happening?!

I cringed as I banged my head against my desk, not hard enough to injure myself, but enough that it distracted me.

"Price! Connor! My office, now!"

I took a deep breath as I walked into the captains office, trying to look presentable but failing miserably.

"Price, you know I don't mind slight tardiness— but three hours late?! What could have possibly been so important?"

"I- uh- I slept in. I thought I set my alarm but I guess I forgot." I lied, trying to hide the love bites on my neck with my hair. "I'm really sorry, sir."

The captain sighed, turning to Connor. "Why the hell are you late?"

"If I may sir, it's my fault Tas—Miss Price was late. I kept her up most of the evening."

The Captain's eyes widened slowly as it dawned on him. "You— uh— What?"

"Tasha and I were having—"

"CAN YOU NOT TELL EVERYONE THAT?!"

Connor looked at me with confused eyes, while the Captain just shook his head, and I swear he turned the slightest shade of red.

"Just don't make a habit of being late."

"Yes sir."

As Connor leaves the room I'm left standing there speechless, my face beet red.

"Sir, I—"

"Hey, whatever floats your boat, Price." He had a slight smirk on his face as he turned back towards his monitor.

I sighed in relief as I left his office.

That could've gone so much worse.

As I walked towards my desk I noticed Connor and Gavin standing in front of each other.

That isn't good.

I walked up to them, overhearing some of the conversation.

"—I believe I made her scream over 89 times last night." Connor said smugly, but factually as he looked at Gavin.

Part of me wanting to slap him, part of me was proud of him for sticking up to Gavin.

"You— so you, you two?"

"Had sex?" I asked as I walked past them to my desk, sitting down with a smug smile. "Yes, yes we did."

Gavin seemed taken aback, he opened his mouth to speak but closed it as he walked away to his desk.

Connor turned, smiling at me. He reached forward and pushed my hair away from my neck, exposing the love marks.

"Connor!" I chided quietly, blushing all the while.

His smile only grew, his brown eyes twinkling like the stars at night. "I want everyone to know you're mine."

"I think you've made that abundantly clear, darling." I ruffled his hair playfully before walking over to my desk.

Gavin glanced over at me from his cubicle, sighing in what sounded like defeat. "Was it at least good?"

I raised my eyebrows questioningly at him, "The sex?"

"What else would I be talking about?" He rolled his eyes.

I rolled my eyes in return, facing my monitor. "If you must know, Yes. It was better than good."

Gavin hummed in reply, "Y'know, I didn't think Connor had it in him. He seems so... innocent."

"Well he definitely isn't as bold as you are, Gavin." I teased, "but he..." I trailed off, blushing as I thought about the previous night. "CyberLife did a good job when creating him."

Gavin groaned in disgust. "Too much info, Tash."

"You're the one asking, Gav." I replied with a small smirk.

"Hey, guys. Sorry to interrupt — whatever the hell it is your talking about, but this is for you." Chris handed me a file folder. "A new deviant was spotted in the Alonzo district."

I nodded, taking the folder over to Hank and Connor.

"Duty calls, boys."

•••••

A/N: THANKS FOR READING! Please please comment any suggestions as we're getting slowly towards the end of the game storyline.