57

chapter fifty-seven; real life

"Leah?"

I look up from my book.

"Yes Blake?"

"Can you go grab my phone from the dressing room?"

"You're about to do sound check, why do you need it?"

"Because I want to see if Reece is almost here. His errands are taking a lot longer than they should."

"Wasn't he just running back to the hotel for something and then getting everyone food?"

"Yes, but he left about 45 minutes ago."

I nod, standing up from my spot in the stands and walking towards the back.

My body tenses as hands wrap around my waist and pull me into a dark room. Fear rushes through me as I am turned around and pressed against the wall.

What the hell is going on? Why am I in a dark closet?

Is someone about to kill me?

"Leah, relax. It's just me."

I let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding and look up at the person, their features barely distinguishable in the dark.

"Reece? What are you doing?"

"Sneaking around."

I chuckle. "And you think that this isn't going to get us caught?"

"I know it won't."

"Reece, we're in a closet at the venue. They're going to know something is up if we both go missing."

"They don't know that I'm here yet."

"And you think that they won't get mad if you show up an hour later? They already think that you went off and did something else without telling them."

"Oh crap. I thought that I had another twenty minutes before it was suspicious."

I roll my eyes. "Go. We will have some alone time later."

He raises an eyebrow, his thumb rubbing small circles on my waist. "Will we now?"

"Don't push it"

"I'm not pushing it."

"Yes you are."

I press my lips against his before opening the door back up, slipping out and grabbing Blake's phone off of the couch and heading back to the stage.

"What took so long?" Blake asks as I hand him his phone.

"Your phone had fallen in between the cushions of the couch. It took me a moment to find it."

"I'm here! Traffic was ridiculous!"

Reece strolls onto the stage with bags of food in his hands.

Where did those come from? I'm pretty sure I would've smelled food in the tiny closet that we were in not too long ago.

"Awesome! Sound check can hold off for another fifteen minutes." George says, putting his guitar in the stand and taking a random bag from Reece.

"Leanna, your food."

Reece holds a bag out for me and I quickly take it from him, peering into the bag.

"What did you get me?"

"Your normal."

I smile up at him before sitting on the edge of the stage with my burger in hand. Blake sits next to me on one side and George sits on the other. I can feel the death glare the three of us are receiving from Reece.

"Reecey boy, come on!"

I laugh at Blake as he attempts to get Reece to sit by us, but he just walks off towards the back.

"What the hell is going on with your boyfriend?"

I look over at George, eyes wide. "W-What?"

"What's up with Reece?"

I shrug. "Why did you call him my boyfriend?"

"Because I wanted to be funny."

"Oh."

"Did it work?"

"It was awkward." I lie.

I had actually thought that the boys had found out we really were dating. I will admit, we hadn't been the best at keeping it a secret.

But it was always Reece that would almost blow it.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't realize that it would make things awkward."

"Why is it so awkward?"

I turn to Blake. "What?"

"Don't you guys already have a thing or something?"

"Blake, you don't have to-"

"It's fine George." I sigh. "I guess it's just the fact that we haven't talked about what we are ourselves."

Lies.

"You haven't?"

"Nope."

It kills me to lie to them. I trust them with my life, but I don't want one of them to accidentally tell a fan and then everyone goes crazy talking about it. That and we're still trying to figure out just how serious we are.

I hope we're serious.

Reece is someone I couldn't imagine letting go of.

"I would talk to him about it if I were you."

I chuckle. "Yea, I guess so."

"Go talk to him about it."

"I'm eating."

"So? When we're done eating we have to go straight into sound check and then the meet and greet. Might as well talk to him about it now."

"Blake-"

"You don't have to though."

"Look, I would love to talk to him about relationship things, but I would rather eat this amazing burger right here."

Someone laughs from behind us, making the three of us turn around and see a certain curly haired brunette.

"Now that is a woman who has her priorities straight!" Brad says and laughs.

I lay my back onto the stage, trying to keep myself from laughing. Blake has his head in his hands and his body is shaking uncontrollably with laughter.

Why we found this so funny, I have no idea. It might just be the fact that we're all children at heart and laugh at the smallest things.

"We were having a serious conversation Brad." George says.

How the hell is he being serious right now?

Blake falls off of the stage, making us all laugh even harder.

"What the bloody hell is going on?"

I look up and see Connor standing at the center of the stage, staring at the four of us in confusion.

"Why is everyone laughing? And why is Blake on the ground?"

For some reason, that only makes me laugh even harder.

"Oh boy. When Leah laughs like this, it's hard to get her to stop."

I take a deep breath and attempt to keep myself from laughing anymore. It works, but barely.

Yet Blake is still on the ground laughing about falling off of the stage.

"Now Blake, please don't turn into my clumsy older brother."

"I'll try not to." He says in between laughs.