50

chapter fifty; real life

It amazes me how you can find something good and then have it ripped away in an instant.

The moment everything is out between Reece and I, he has to leave.

I didn't think Reece would get jealous of Brad and I, then again, I don't think anyone does until it happens.

That's usually a bad thing for me.

Brad and I had a fling a little over a year ago. It was all flirting between us, and we rarely talked about how we felt. I think we just wanted to have the feeling of romance without the actual relationship part.

We didn't want anything that was just flirting. We wanted something serious, and we couldn't give each other that. Everything was so different between the two of us.

Sure, I'm only 19, but I know what I want in my future. I want someone that I can always count on. Someone that I know will be right there beside me when things are tough. Someone that I want to start a family with.

"Leah? You okay?"

I look over at Blake and nod. "Just thinking."

"About?"

"How much I'm going to miss you three crazies." I say with a smile.

Reece chuckles. "Don't miss us too much."

"I just think it'll be weird."

"You've spent a day with us and you're already wondering how your going to spend the next week without us?" George smiles. "I'm glad you feel that way about us."

"Haha very funny."

"You know it."

Reece rests his hand on my thigh, making a small smile appear on my lips.

"You realize something good?"

I look over at George. "What?"

"You're smiling."

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Nothing?" Reece raises an eyebrow. His hand slowly travels up my thigh, sending shivers up my spine.

"Well its not nothing, but it's nothing you need to worry about."

I'm barely able to keep my voice steady.

"Oh?"

"Don't worry about it."

I push his hand away as the waitress comes back with our food.

Reece got a plate stacked high with pancakes, Blake got on omelet, and George and I got the French toast.

Reece put his hand back on my thigh.

"I'm eating." I say only loud enough for him to hear.

"So?"

"That means no."

"Even if I just rest my hand?"