80

chapter eighty; real life

*reece pov*

She didn't know, and I threw it in her face.

But then why did she cheat? Sebastian told me that she did when things were hard, which I thought that this was it, but it clearly wasn't. She had no reason to.

"What the hell happened?" James asks as he walks into the kitchen. "Leah just ran out."

"She didn't know that she was sick."

"She's actually sick?"

I nod and hand him the paper.

"Holy shit."

"So why did she cheat?"

"She didn't."

"Shit. I need to find her."

"Brad ran after her, she'll be back in a minute."

"But it should be me going after her."

"Reece, she needs a friend at the moment."

"But-"

"Give her ten minutes, okay?"

I nod, knowing that they're right.

What's going to happen now? She probably thinks that I don't trust her or that I-

"Guys! Call an ambulance!" Brad shouts.

We run out of the kitchen to see him carrying Leanna through the door, her face extremely pale and body limp. There's blood. I don't know where it's coming from, but it's all I see in this moment.

"Oh my god."

Blake grabs his phone and calls an ambulance, speaking quickly to the person on the other side.

I take Leanna from Brad and sit on the couch with her, softly whispering 'please don't leave me' over and over again as I hold her close to me.

I can't lose her. I just can't.

The paramedics come a few minutes later and pull her away from me, immediately putting her on a stretcher and wheeling her out. I take the keys to her car off of the table and run towards the door, but Brad grabs ahold of my arm.

"Let go of me!"

"Reece, you shouldn't be driving like this."

"And you think I fucking care? She could be dying for god's sake!" I rip my arm out of his grasp, but Connor and James step in front of me.

"We know that, just let someone that's a little bit more calm than you drive."

"Like who? You're all pretty worked up."

James sighs. "I will. I can stay calm when I need to."

And from there we were running towards her car, unsure of where it was in the lot, but we eventually found it and were soon at the hospital. We all run towards the desk, and the nurse looks at us with a scared expression before taking a deep breath.

"How may I help you?"

"My- my girlfriend was brought in here by an ambulance."

"Name?"

"Leanna Ball."

"She's still being examined, so we will let you know when we know anything."

I nod and turn to walk away, but stop.

"And she has acute lymphoblastic leukemia, if that changes anything."

She nods and stands. "I'll let the doctors know."

I turn back around and walk towards the waiting room, where we seem to wait for hours until we hear anything.

A doctor comes into the waiting room.

"The family of Leanna Ball?"

Connor and I immediately stand up and walk towards him.

"Is she okay?" Connor asks. "How is she doing with the cancer?"

"Cancer? She doesn't have cancer."

"What? We saw the test results."

"Well those were wrong." He sighs. "But she is is in surgery now, and she will need to be moved to intensive care afterwards."

"How bad is it?"

"The wound itself is not bad, but we're more concerned about the risk of internal bleeding. Her body is under a lot of stress at the moment, and the fact that she's got a high blood pressure only causes more concern for her health. Has she had much stress at home lately that could be the cause of her blood pressure?"

"You could definitely say that." I say, trying not to give away too much detail. We don't need all of the drama going on getting out, even if it's just a doctor.

"Okay, then at least it's not a medical condition causing the high blood pressure. We need to make sure all stress is eliminated though before we can think about sending her home. We don't want to make this situation even worse."

"Got it. We'll get the person as far away from her as we can." Connor says.

He gives us a look, unsure of what he meant.

"It's her other brother causing all of the stress." He says, trying to back his statement up but only making the situation worse. "He's trying to break Leah and her significant other here up because he doesn't approve of the situation. She doesn't really care though because she's got her other brother's approval as well as her father's."

"Oh, well I'm sorry that's happening."

"You and me both." I mutter.

"I'll keep you guys updated."

We nod, walking back towards the boys.

"How is she?"

"Is Leah going to be okay?"

"Why did the doctor look sad?"

"Please tell me she's not dead."

"Leah's going to be fine. They're taking her into surgery now, and then they are going to move her to intensive care for observation. She's got a high blood pressure due to all of the stress and the risk of internal bleeding from the wound, but other than that she'll be okay."

Everyone relaxes at Connor's words.

"Thank god."

I look at Brad, and he was staring at the ground. He almost looks scared.

"What happened out there?"

He looks up, his eyes wide.

"I...I...I don't exactly know."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means that it all happened so fast. I saw Leah on the ground and then I saw her mother crouched next to her. She had blocked me from seeing what exactly happened, but then I heard a scream which only made me runs towards her even faster. When I got there she was laying unconscious in a pool of her own blood."

"So it was Kirsten?" Tristan asks.

"That's what I believe "

"I really hate her mother."

"I think that's something everyone can agree on." George says.

And it definitely was.