55

chapter fifty-five; real life

"So this is what you guys had planned all along? Wake me up early in the morning so you guys could get rid of me?" I question, trying to keep myself from smiling.

"It was Brad's idea." Tristan says quickly.

"Thanks Tristan!"

"Anytime." He says with a smile.

Brad just looks at him. "So you would throw me under the bus at the snap of the finger?"

Tristan's smile fades. "I- uh- Leah?"

"Yes?"

"We didn't want to get rid of you. Brad just thought it would be nice if you smiled."

I look over at Brad.

"Especially after your run in with Alex."

I shudder at the thought of Alex. "What did we say about the topic?"

"That you would rather not talk about it."

"Who's Alex?" Reece asks, removing his hand from my thigh to grab his drink.

"Someone I do not get along with."

"Oh?"

I shake my head. "I don't want to talk about it."

"I will." Brad sits up. "Leah and Alex dated a couple of years ago. They didn't end well."

"Bradley!"

"I'm not apologizing, and don't call me Bradley. You make it seem like I'm in trouble or something."

"Well maybe I didn't want to talk about it, and that didn't give you permission to talk about it either."

Reece grabs my hand. "So what exactly happened between you two?"

I look down. "He cheated on me."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I've gotten used to it."

"But it's not okay what he did."

"I'm well aware."

"Sorry, we don't have to keep talking about it if you don't want to."

"Thank you."

I lay my head on his shoulder, grateful to have someone as understanding as him as a friend. As my best friend. 

"You alright?"

"I'm fine."

||

After we finished eating, Reece and I left the boys to go walk around and talk about random things.

"I am out-shopped." I say and laugh.

"This is literally the first shop we've been into."

"You I do not want to see the amount of clothing I already got."

"I think I do."

"It's like twenty bags."

"Oh really?"

"Really." I shake my head. "Okay, more like three or four, and I may have been exaggerating earlier when I said that I had a new outfit for everyday of tour."

He laces his fingers with mine, and I smile.

"What are we?"

I look up at him. "What?"

"What are we?"

"I'm not sure. What do you want us to be?"

He stops walking and turns towards me, a small smile on his lips as he pushes me into a corner of the store where nobody can see us.

"I was thinking something that allowed us to do this." He slowly leans in and presses his lips against mine.

I smile into the kiss, the familiar feeling of a thousand fireworks going off as our lips move in sync. We no longer care that we're in public, or that there are thousands of people out there who could disapprove of the situation. 

"I hope I'm not interrupting."

Reece and I pull away from each other before looking at the person who did, in fact, interrupt us.

"What the hell do you want?" I snap.

"Leanna, calm down." Reece says quietly.

"It seems her little boy toy has to keep her on a leash. That's not surprising."

"Don't you dare-"

"Or what?"

I take a deep breath. "What do you want?"

"Much better." He smirks. "Now if you don't mind, I would like to speak to Leah alone."

Reece's eyes widen. "You're Alex."

"So she's talked about me. Nice to know my ex girlfriend cares."

"You honestly think that I still care about you?" I roll my eyes. "If I'm going to talk to you, Reece is going to stay here."

"Fine."

"So what do you need?"

"I wanted to apologize to you."