79

chapter seventy-nine; real life

"We'll be right back."

I stare in confusion as the two boys leave the room, knowing that they're most like going to miss the beginning of the game. We were all at my place to watch the Manchester United vs. Real Madrid game. It was early last week, but since we were all so busy we're just now watching it.

"So how serious are you?"

I look over at James. "What?"

"You and Reece?"

"Oh, um we're pretty serious."

"Really?"

I nod. "Why?"

"I'm just wondering."

"You never just wonder. Besides, I think you would've figured out how serious we were because it's been ten months since we began dating. What's going on?"

Tristan sits up. "Because we don't want you to have to worry about him cheating or anything when he goes away for tour."

"Look, I get that you want to look out for me, but I can-"

"Do you trust him enough not to?"

"Of course I do."

"Good. Are you going to?"

"Of course not! What's up with all of this?"

"Because someone in your family told Reece that you tend to cheat on your boyfriends when things get hard."

"Is that why there's this weird tension between us?"

"Most likely."

"You told him I don't, right?"

"Of course we did, but he didn't believe us."

"What?" I sit in shock. "Does he really not trust me that much?"

"He does, trust me on that." Blake says.

"Well clearly he doesn't."

"Leah, it was Sebastian who told him, and he's kind of freaked out about it because he knows how close you two are." George says softly.

"Sebastian? Why would he-"

"He doesn't want you with him. He told me himself." Connor says.

"Oh."

"He just doesn't want you in the spotlight because of your crazy mother."

"I get that, but he doesn't have to tell my boyfriend that I'm a cheater."

"Yea, it's not right."

"It seems that all that my brother does is cause trouble." I shake my head. "I just can't seem to wrap my head around the thought of him doing that. He knows how much I care about Reece, how much I love him."

The boys smile when I say love.

"Sure, it's been ten months, but it's been the best ten months of my life. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else I'm so in love with him."

"Well it's good to know that." Brad walks back in. "Tell him that. He's still pretty shook up about it."

"My supposed cheating?"

Brad's eyes widen. "You cheated?"

"What? No! Sebastian told him I cheat when things get hard in an attempt to break us up." I stop. "What are you talking about?"

"Reece thinks you're sick..."

My jaw drops. "He what?"

"I guess Sebastian told him that you cheat AND that you're sick again and refuse to tell him."

"Why the hell does it always come back to bite me in the ass? And I just told him that I wasn't!"

The boys just look at me and shrug.

"You're no help."

I stand up and walk into the kitchen, where Reece had his hands against a counter and he was leaning against it. I wrap my arms around his waist, but he just pushes them off.

"Don't even try it."

"Reece-"

"I can not believe you right now."

"I'm not-"

"You promised me that you would tell me!"

"Reece!"

"I don't want to hear your lies!"

"I'm not sick!"

"Then why the hell did Sebastian tell me that?!" He throws a paper at me. "Or show me this?"

I pick it up off of the ground and stare at it, confused by what's on the paper. It's test results, and it very clearly shows my name and the results of a very sick person. At the bottom of the paper, there's a small note apologizing for the inconvenience and stating that these were the correct test results.

"I-" I shake my head, failing to contain the tears. "This isn't happening."

"So you are sick?"

"No! Yes? I-" I put the paper down and take a step back.

This isn't happening. It's not-

"Why the hell did you hide it from me?"

"I-I didn't." I take another step back. "I- I swear I didn't."

"Leanna, cut the bull shit!"

"I couldn't hide it from you if I didn't know!"

I wipe the tears from my eyes and run out of the flat. Nobody follows me, and I'm glad. I'm not sure I can be near anyone at the moment. Sebastian opened up my test results, hid them from me, and then used them to get Reece to break up with me.

I'm supposed to open them. I'm supposed to tell people. Not the other way around.

"Leah!"

I look over and see Brad running towards me, his face full of worry.

"I didn't know. I-I didn't!"

"Didn't know what?"

"I- I can't do this."

The world begins to spin so I lean against a stop sign for support, but it slips out of my grasp and the next thing I know the ground is hurdling towards me faster than I can catch myself. I see the last person I expected standing in front of me, and a sharp, agonizing pain in my stomach before everything went black.

soooo I'm gonna go ahead and post the last few chapters!