49

chapter forty-nine; real life

|| brad pov ||

"Uh oh, Leah's mad." I mutter.

"Boys are stupid."

I put my hand over my heart. "Ouch."

"Oh shut it Brad."

"What's up with you?" Connor asks.

"I'm just mad at Reece."

"Why?"

She glares at me.

"Forget I even asked."

Tristan whispers something to Connor, making his eyes widen.

"Oh my god. That makes sense."

"What makes sense?"

"Nothing."

"Oh."

You can hear Reece shouting from the lobby, and Leah's face flashes from anger to worry.

Girls can be so confusing sometimes.

"I'm going to check on him."

She rushes off before anyone could stop her.

"What's that about?"

"Reece is jealous of you and Leah." Connor says.

"Why would he be-"

"Either you guys still have someone going on, or he found out about the two of you."

"There is nothing going on with Leah and I."

"I don't think he found out." Tristan says.

"You never know. When Leah's drunk she's tells everything."

"But she wasn't drunk last night." James says.

"That's true."

|| reece pov ||

"What the fuck did you do?"

"I-" I sigh.

I don't want to tell Leanna that I'm jealous of how close she is with Brad.

When I see them together, I want to wrap my arms around her and drag her away from him. I'm afraid I'm going to lose her to him.

But the problem is that I don't even have her to begin with.

"Yeah, whatever." She walks back towards the boys, and I bury my face in my hands.

"Reece, you need to stop getting jealous." Blake says.

"Well it's kind of hard."

"You're just going to piss her off even more."

"You think I don't know that?"

"Don't yell at us because you fucked up."

I roll my eyes.

"Do you think food would help his anger a little bit?" George asks.

"I'm hoping it will."

"Food doesn't fix everything!"

"Reece, calm down." George says. "You just need to talk to her about it."

"With the way I am, im going to say one wrong word and fuck everything up."

"Reece, just breathe and tell her the truth."

"But how?" I lower my voice. "How am I supposed to tell her that I'm afraid I'm going to lose her before I even get her?"

"Is that what this is about?" Leanna asks as she walks back into the room.

"You weren't supposed to hear that." I say.

"You're not going to lose me. That I can promise."

I smile a little bit.

"You were jealous, weren't you?"

I nod.

"Of me and Brad?"

I nod again.

"Reece, Brad and I aren't going to be anything more than friends. Sure, it may seem like that at some points, but I promise we're only friends. That's all we are, and that's all we'll ever be."

"You didn't have to tell me this."

She smiles. "Obviously I did if it was putting a strain on our friendship."

"Yea."

I still can't seem to forget about how he wrapped his arms around her at the club.

"Are you thinking of last night?"

"How'd you know?"

"You had a look. The same look you had last night when Brad came up from behind me."

"Oh."

"Look, I'm not afraid to admit it. There was once something between us."

"What?"

"George!"

"Sorry."

She sighs. "It was a while ago, anyways, we thought there was something more to our friendship, but we were too scared to anything about it."

"So what happened?"

"We fell off for a while, refused to speak to each other. Ever since then we've always known that we were meant to be friends, not anything more or less." She sighs. "I think that's why we're as close as we are now."

"What do you think would've happened if you I had done something about it?"

"I don't even think we would be friends now, and everything would be extremely awkward between Connor and I."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry if it seems like there's something else going on with Brad and I. I promise there's not."

"I'm the one who should be apologizing."

"Why?"

"Because I was an ass."

"You were just trying to piece everything together. I should've told you right from the start."