62

chapter sixty-two; real life (reece pov)

*a month later*

"Can you believe it's already been two months?"

I look towards the slide, where Leanna appears from underneath it. "What?"

"We've been together for two months." Leanna smiles as she walks towards me.

Leanna, Lexi, and I were playing hide and seek as we were waiting on my parents to arrive at the park. They had gone to a work thing and decided to have a picnic after they got done.

I smile. "A whole two months?"

"Yep. We leave for LA in three days."

"I know. I'm excited."

"I am too. Vacation with my boyfriend sounds amazing."

"It does, doesn't it?"

"And it's exactly what I need."

"Really?"

She nods. "It would be nice to get away from everyone for a while. Especially since I kept seeing Sebastian everywhere I went until I came up here."

"You still haven't talked to him?"

"No." She sighs. "I want to. I miss him like crazy, but I have no idea what to say to him or how I'm going to react if he's still hanging around our mother."

"Just give it more time. I'm sure he'll see the mistake he made and then come crawling back to you."

She chuckles. "Thank your parents for me, okay? I literally have no idea what I would be doing right now if I wasn't in Accrington."

"You can come stay with us anytime."

I look towards the table and see my father looking over at us.

"Daddy!" Lexi runs out from her hiding spot and runs towards Dad, hugging him tightly.

"Where's Mum?" I ask.

"She's still at the car. She said she had to get something."

"I'll help." Leanna walks off towards the parking lot.

"Has she spoken to Sebastian?"

I shake my head.

"I love having her around, but she needs to go home at some point."

"I know and I want to take her, but I feel like she might get mad at me if Sebastian is there."

"She shouldn't be going through this. Not having her family around in a difficult time? I couldn't imagine what that's like."

"I can't either."

"Hello Reece."

I smile and hug my mother as she walks over to us.

"How was work?"

"It was fine. Simon was there."

"He was?"

"Yes. He was saying something about a family reunion and that you were invited."

"Me? Why?"

"Because the family wants to meet Leah's boyfriend."

"When is it?"

"The day after you get back from LA." She sets the plates down. "I don't expect you guys to go, and neither does Simon. He knows that the two of you would be jet lagged and probably passed out on the couch or something."

I chuckle. "We probably will, but we'll try."

"I told him you would say that."

"You know me so well."

"What are you guys talking about?" Leah asks as she walks over.

"Your family reunion next week."

"Oh, that. I don't know if I'm going to go. I would've just gotten off a plane."

"Your father doesn't expect you to go." My mother says.

"He doesn't?"

"No. He knows that you two would be severely jet lagged and probably passed out."

"He knows me so well." She shakes her head. "You would think that as many times as I go to the United States I would be used to the different time zones."

"Nah. That's always impossible to get over, especially when it's eight hours. We're going to be fast asleep as everyone else is waking up." I say, helping her unload the basket.

"Eight hours is difficult to get used to. I would understand if it's like three hours, but eight is a bit extreme."

"Time zones are not my favorite thing."

"When is it not?"

"Food's ready!" My mother shouts to Dad and Lexi, who both come running towards the table.

"I'm starving!"

"But there was food at the event?"

"So?" Dad looks at me.

"I wonder where you get it." Leanna says quietly.

"Haha, very funny."

"Quit being sarcastic."

"Why?"

"Because sarcasm is my thing."

"You sure about that?"

"Yes. I am very sure."