Chapter Twenty Four: Public Enemy

Start from the beginning

"How many people are working here?" Hank asked, examining the ground.

"Just two employees and three androids. The deviants took their hostages captive and aired their message live. They made their getaway from the roof."

As we walked into the control room, I began to look around.

"If you want to take a look at the footage, the screens over there." Chris said as walked us towards the fbi.

"This is Agent Perkins from the FBI."

The man looked at us sceptically, "Watch your step. It'll be our investigation soon."

"Don't fuck up my crime scene

"Don't fuck up my crime scene."

"What a fucking prick."

"Prick."

Hank and I both said at the same time, causing me to laugh. I turned to him, tying my hair back.

"Deviants breaking into a broadcast station — what do you make of that?"

"Whatever it is, it's not good." Hank replied as we walked through the room. "The deviants are getting more widespread every damn day."

"All they want is to be free." I said quietly as we arrived at the main scene. "Honestly, I don't blame them. We may have created them — and humans treat them like dirt beneath our feet. No one deserves that."

"You really are an android sympathizer." Hank snorted, "I know you believe things differently, Tash — but face it; right now, they are the enemy."

I sighed, nodding to him as I walked over to the screen that Connor was analyzing.

Connor played a video. An Android — deviant, one could only assume was their leader.

"We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes and our rights

"We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes and our rights. Together, we can live in peace and make a better future, for humans and androids alike. This message is a hope of a people. You gave us life, and now the time has come for you to give us freedom."