41

"don't be so loud. my mom has work tomorrow."

pen covered sei's mouth, muffling their laugh.

sei didn't expect to see that pen had cut some of the hair already, making it very uneven.

they removed her hand from their mouth, pecking hers softly.

pen smiled and kissed them again, sei holding her hand tightly.

"hey." sei squeezed her hand before letting it go.

"hey."

"you ready to chop this off?" sei whispered, clenching their fists in the air.

pen laughed and waved sei towards her bathroom, beside her room.

there was a chunk of wavy blond hair sitting in the sink, cut strands scattered on the tiled floors.

"so what made you want to cut your hair?" sei asked, running their fingers through the cut section.

they could definitely see her in the haircut.
it would probably make her look like early two thousands justin bieber, but there was no harm in that.

"there's literally no reason. i just want to cut it." pen grabbed the other half of her hair and snipped it off.

"holy shit!" sei grabbed the falling hair, and looked back at pen with wide eyes.

pen clasped her hand over sei's mouth hurriedly, shushing them while laughing uncontrollably.

"it's just hair sei." pen removed her hand.

"well i know but you just like--"

sei mimicked scissors with their index and middle finger,"like honestly, wow."

"like honestly, wow."

pen laughed and handed sei the scissors,"can you make it look decent?"

she turned towards the mirror, examining how much she cut.

sei watched her with a smile,"you're crazy penelope."

"i've heard." pen grinned.

sei snipped the back carefully, making it line up with the rest of her hair.

pen shook her hair once sei was done with aligning the hairs, lingering snippets falling to the floor.

she then turned to face sei with a big smile on her face,"how do i look?"

sei brought their hands to her face, caressing her rosy cheeks with their thumbs.

"you look like a sunflower. an insanely beautiful flower."