33

"oh my goodness penelope you're blushing so much! all you did was say their name."

heidi screeched.

"i know! she's got it real bad." lo said from the laptop sitting on the bed.

pen rolled her eyes,"tonight we're going to be at that one place you took me to to talk to them."

lo wiggled her eyebrows,"oh really? and what's going to happen? you're going to read dr. suess books with a nightlight?"

"fuck you lo." pen laughed.

"watch your profanity, child." heidi shoved her friend's shoulder.

pen was pumped for tonight.

in her mind it was a date. maybe it could've been a date to sei, but she couldn't bring herself to ask them like it was a date.

it was still good enough.

"remember howie?" lo spoke.

pen was slightly grateful for the subject change, all the while wanting to talk about sei more.

"of course-- the boy you lead on for the longest and ended up leaving after you had sex with him."

"wow. you really threw that all together in the span of two seconds. if it makes you feel any better, we're dating."

heidi raised her eyebrows,"when did that happen?"

the three of the girls were a package deal, and if something was discussed between two without one, sooner rather than later, the other would hear.

"and how did it happen?" pen added on.

lo sighed exasperatedly, but she was smiling anyway.

she'd probably told this a million of times before.

"well, i came to my dorm one night and he was there with candles and flower petals everywhere. i don't know-- i'm sucker for romance."

lo's eyelashes fluttered, her hands to her chest.

"and here i am, just as single as i was since ever. can you two let me catch up?" heidi grumbled.

"i'm single still." pen nudged her shoulder with hers.

"you know you're not single." heidi brought her arms around her knees.

pen shrugged and thought for sometime, before rolling their eyes.

"whatever."