36

sei sat in the middle of their floor, coming to the realization that their only friend was pen.

while there wasn't much wrong with it, they couldn't necessarily gush about pen to herself.

the only other person sei could really confide in was their mom.

although this may seem like the lowest point in your social life, to them it wasn't.

"mom, i wanna talk about pen." sei opened the door slightly, their mom sitting with her laptop on her lap.

she closed her laptop and took off her glasses, giving sei her full attention.

"i'm all ears." janice beamed.

sei let the door close a little and sat across from janice, their legs hanging off the bed.

"okay, so i have to make a disclaimer first." janice nodded.

"right now you can't be my mom. i'm talking to you as a friend. this means if i did something that you as a mom won't like, you can't lecture me." sei instructed.

janice twisted her mouth up, and nodded hesitantly,"i'm a little scared of what might come out of your mouth now, but proceed."

"so pen told me that she wanted to go to our place. but she hadn't specified if it was a date or not. i figured that we were getting kinda heated since on thursday we made out pretty heavy."

"i knew something happened!" janice said excitedly.

sei paused, a straight line across their face.

"sorry." janice held her hands up in surrender.

"and when i got there, there were rose petals and candles on the floor. and then i asked if she wanted to be my girlfriend and she said yes. and now we're dating."

janice raised her eyebrows,"that's adorable. what went wrong?"

"well nothing yet. but i want to see her again, except i don't know what we're gonna do. what am i even supposed to say when i see her?"

janice held up a finger,"wait, nothing yet? that's so pessimistic of you."

"i'm not wrong though. but what's your input on the actual problem?" sei folded their hands in their lap.

"just go see her. you'll know what to say when you're together."

sei rest their chin on their fist, taking in this advice.

so maybe that could've been something they could come up with theirself, but it was nice to hear it from someone else.

"okay. thanks mom."

sei leaned over and kissed her cheek and got off of the bed.

"you made a good choice. even though your mindset should be a lot better, i can tell you're happy with her. but not everything is bad sei, let it be good."