Chapter 25: Unbroken

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake, But I Am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Note: sorry I haven't been updating very often. Been sick and have been having writer's block but this story sadly will be ending soon so please give your feedback and comment how you want this story to end! I am up for ideas!!

Please vote and comment!! :) 

Chapter 25: Unbroken

                                     It’s finally my dad’s moving day. We’ve been helping him pack since he bought the apartment. He’s been really excited. He even got a job at a restaurant. It’s not a lot, but it’s a start and he’s really happy. We’ve been loading his things into our vehicles and we drove him to his apartment. Now we are helping him unpack his things.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay? I can still help you, you know.”

“I know,” Dad said, “But it’s time for me to be on my own again. You’ve helped me enough. Just make sure to stay in touch.”

“Of course,” I said, “And we don’t live that far away so we can still hang out.”

“I would like that,” he smiled.

“Me too. Are you sure you’re okay now?”

“I’m fine. Go spend time with Dylan.”

I smiled, “Okay. Bye dad.”

“Bye Kayla. Bye Dylan.”

                                     Dylan and I both waved and walked back down to our vehicle. We stopped at our favorite Chinese restaurant on the way home.

“You’re pretty proud aren’t you?” Dylan asked.

I nodded, “He’s really picked up his life. He’s out of jail, got an apartment, and he has a job.”

“The house is going to be quieter without him there.”

“Yeah but there have been too many people in the house anyway. You said so yourself.”

“I was being a jerk. I love that you help so many people.”

“But what about our alone time?” I asked.

He shrugged, “We’re alone now. Simone still needs you. Not as much as she did before, but she does. I’m okay with that.”

“Are you sure?” I asked him, “I don’t want things to get weird between us. I don’t think I could handle it.”

“Things won’t get weird,” he took my hand and held it across the table, “You’ve always had me.”

“That’s what I’m scared of,” I told him, “I have always had you. We’re together so often we’re basically one person. What if a time comes when we separate? Suddenly neither one of us will know what to do.”

“Kay, that’s not going to happen. You never have to worry about things like that. We are going to get married and spend our lives together. Your parents will get better. Simone will get a successful career, and everything’s going to be okay.”

“You’re right. I’m being paranoid. Things are finally starting to be good again. I need to stop overthinking everything.”

“Then let’s get your mind off it,” he said, “You have today off and an interview tomorrow. What are your plans?”