Chapter 20

Xavier's POV

I sighed as I leant my back onto the leather sofa while snaking an arm around the young girl's waist beside me , whom was busy braiding my hair , not failing to notice her father's glare , which made the side of my mouth twitch up a little.

"So do you have anything else to add , Blackwood?" Get your damn arm off my daughter , asshole!

I heard Pitch inquire as he narrowed his eyes at me whilst giving my arm , which was still around Linnea's waist , a distasteful look.

Giving him a closed eye smile , while tightening my hold around Linnea's waist , I replied , "Oh! I do have something to add actually." Make me , nightmare king!

"Stop putting more gas into the fire , Vivi." , I hear Linnea whisper beside me as she unbraided my hair and started over again , clearly enjoying what she's doing while still listening to the meeting attentively , "You'll get yourself killed one day by papa , you know?"

I chuckled softly and gave her the softest look , which I could never give to anyone but her , then resumed back to the meeting , clearing my throat whilst looking straight at Pitch with a stoic expression , "It's about Linnea. Again."

"Hasn't this meeting had enough about me..?" , I hear Linnea mutter beside me making me inwardly chuckle as I continued but was interrupted by a certain casanova whom took the words out of my mouth.

"What about giving her some training? You know , about how to defend herself and all?" , I hear the casanova , Cupid , say behind the sofa we were sitting on , "I'm sure , Linny wouldn't mind that." , he finished.

"For once I'm agreeing with you." , I mumbled while he gave me an annoyed look , "What? All you say are a bunch of crap unless they concern the kid."

"Yeah , I don't mind having someone train me." , Linnea piped in as she glanced at me and Cupid then at her parents with a smile , "Would actually do me some hel---"

"No."

But she was cut off by Pitch's solid and abrupt voice making me look at his direction and see his serious face while Anastasia gave a sigh and a look which kind of said 'not-this-again' , "Pitch..." , Anastasia said softly while placing a loving hand on his hand , which was  formed into a fist on one knee.

He turned sharply at his wife's direction with a still serious look but softer than the he gave to us , "No , Anastasia. We've talked about this and as to why--"

"But it wouldn't hurt to let her learn a few tricks like how I did." , she cut in , "Plus , she could learn how to control her sand--"

"She already knows how to , dear. So a training is unnecessary for her!" , Pitch cut in also but a bit louder which made Anastasia frown a bit and him tone down , "Look , honey--"

Anastasia turned away from him before obviously muttering a few incoherent words under her breath , and looked at the person behind me then at me with a nod , "Please , train her. You both. I give you full permission to do so."

"Anastasia! No--!"

"Pitch." , Anastasia strongly called out as she narrowed her eyes at her husband whom gladly closed his mouth as he was staring back at her , "Come with me for a moment. We need to talk." , she emphasized as she stood up while grabbing onto his collar , almost dragging him if it weren't for him balancing himself , "Because obviously , I need to get something into your damn thick skull sometimes. And this are one of those times." , before both of them disappeared out of the living room then out of their kitchen's backdoor.