Chapter 13

"Let me also take a look of the second person to guard the brat."

"I know what I'm doing , Blackwood."

"And I know what I'm doing too , Black. Plus , I'm the brat's first bodyguard , duh. So I get a fucking say to this also!"

I sighed as I curled up on the sofa , with my head on mom's lap while she braids my hair , hearing dad and Xavier argue about the second guy to bodyguard me behind the sofa.

I can already tell Vivi's irritated already. Well....pissed off , I guess.

"Isn't Vivi enough , papa?" , I asked confusedly , "I mean , he's super strong , you know.."

"Thank you , kiddo." , I hear Xavier huff.

I hear a groan and grumble , "Don't take on his side , sweetie." , dad stated.

"I'm taking no one's side , papa." , I stated while flipping the television on , "I'm just saying that Vivi is strong enough to guard and protect me."

"But we have to make sure you're completely safe , Lin." , mom said softly as I glanced up at her and she smiled down to me , "So a second bodyguard for you is our best choice."

I sighed and said softly , "Fine. Just don't pick anyone I don't know or haven't even met yet."

"How about Cupid?" , dad suggested.

I rolled my eyes and said bluntly , "He's too busy flirting with humans , Nephilims , or etc."

"But he's pretty close to you." , mom added with a smile making me raise a brow at her.

I sat up slowly , making my French braided hair fall onto my left shoulder and locks of my hair cascade the sides of my face , then glanced up at her.

"Well , yeah. He's my best friend----"

"Then perfect---"

I cut in quickly while snapping my head towards dad , "---when we were still in the academy! He rarely even contacts or visits me now!" , then stole a quick glance at Xavier whom was staring at me with a raised brow , "Yeah! He's too busy flirting and all that jazz---"

"Then I'll ask him if he's interested to do the job."

I snap my head towards mom whom was already at the kitchen , summoning some of her white butterflies and ordering them with a gentle smile on her face.

I bit my lower lip nervously as I glanced at dad whom raised a brow at me then at Xavier whom stopped staring at me and shook his head sideways , "Cupid , huh? Best friend since you were in the academy?"

"Erm yah..." , I mumbled as I hear footsteps come nearer to my direction.

"While I was still in the hell hole , locked up?"

"Yah.." , I mumbled more as the footsteps stop making me look towards my left and see Xavier's figure in front of my face , "Um.."

"Tell me , pipsqueak." , I hear him grumble making me look up at him and see his stoic face and his blood red eyes staring into mine , "Did he happen to fucking date yo---"

*SLAM! BAM!*

"Job accepted!"

We hear a familiar deep , flamboyant voice echo inside the lair as the entrance doors were slammed open and quicky heavy footsteps came near me.

I gasped while my eyes widen as arms were around my shoulders instantly and a cheek was against my left cheek , gently.

"I missed you so much , Linny!"