Chapter 4

I stepped in the middle of the room as the others where on each side of the room and my parents were carefully watching over me making me smile reassuringly towards them.

They're worried.

I thought sadly as I just sighed and looked up at the hole of the room's ceiling where the moon shines.

Manny is watching over me also.

I thought as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath letting the ceremony take over.

I hear soft chimes ringing in my mind as I was in my own world at this point.

I open my eyes only to see darkness.

Where am I?

I looked around and saw myself bare naked , but my body was glowing.

Mama? Papa?

I called out as I panicked a little and was looking around.

Calm yourself , child.

I turned around and saw a woman coming out of the darkness , with long flowing silver hair and white eyes as she was bare naked also making me blush a little and cover my eyes with both of my eyes.

I-I'm so sorry!

I hear her chuckle as she stated .

No. It's okay. There's no need to be so shy about. This is normal.

B-But we don't normally see people n-naked out in the open!

I squeaked as I felt hands on my shoulders making me gasp and remove my hands.

Looking up , my emerald , with a tinge of gold in them , eyes met white ones as the woman smiled warmly down at me.

So you are the new guardian , I see?

Erm y-yes , ma'am.

She chuckled again and patted my head gently.

No need for formalities , dear. You may call me Gloria.

Y-Yes , Gloria.

She smiles and said.

Good. Tell me Linnea...

Um yes?

What do guardians do?

I tilt my head to the side and replied politely.

Guardians have the duties to guard , support , and protect the children around the world. Why?

That is correct. We , guardians , do that to ensure that they will grow up big and strong. These children , whom we protect , will someday be the ones whom will lead us to a better future.

She said as she glances at me and smiled while I gave her a curious and aweing look.

You're a guardian also?

She giggled and looked at me with a little smile.

Well , I was a guardian.

Was?

She nods her head a little and continued.

I was the Guardian of Happiness. I bring joy and fun around the world.

Oh! Like Uncle Jack?

Hm. Something like that. But I was the first one before him.