Chapter 8

"Mama , papa! I'm home!"

I shouted as I flung myself onto the sofa and cuddled against the pile of pillows while letting my guardian outfit fade away from me leaving me in a plain white Sunday dress up to my knee.

I hear familiar footsteps coming near me and a voice saying , "Your father's not home yet , Lin."

Looking up with wide and surprised eyes , I raised a brow at mom and asked , "Well , that's a first. Papa usually comes home at the same time you do , right mama?"

She sighed and leaned onto the back of the sofa while staring at the entrance doors of the lair , saying , "I know. But he contacted me and said that something came up at the Council." , she paused then continued , but with her voice low , "He said it was urgent and that they needed your father."

I scrunch my nose as I got worried and sat up , leaning my head onto mom's back , "You think papa will be alright?"

I hear her chuckle as she kicked herself off the sofa , making me squeak a little , and ruffled my hair , saying , "Your dad's stronger than he looks , Lin."

"Stronger than you?"

"Now that's a different story." , mom butts in as we both laugh and caught our breaths , looking at each other with a small smile , "But don't worry. He can handle anything."

"Except for you two's 'red day'."

I looked past mom and grinned happily as I ran towards him and hugged dad , "Papa!"

I hear him chuckle as he returned the hug and sighed , "Sorry if I took so long." , I pulled away just in time for mom and him to peck each other on the lips making me scrunch my nose , "Looks like they really did needed me."

We all sat down on the sofa as mom asked worriedly , "What? Why? Pitch Black explain now or so help me I---"

"Woman , calm yourself!" , dad exclaimed as he held both of mom's hands as her eyes were brightly shined emerald because of her worry , "I will explain so calm down."

I placed a hand on mom's shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile , "Yah , mama. Papa always tells us what's up with his work." , I said softly making her sigh and peck my forehead.

The both of us stare at dad , gesturing for him to continue , as he sighed and explained , "The Council's sentinels were able to capture Lucy Light , the Guardian of Light--"

"Oh , the bitch."

I looked amusedly at mom as dad just rolled his eyes and muttered , "She still remembers..." , and cleared his throat , "....and Angelo Lucius , the Guardian of Hatred." , dad finished.

I looked at mom as she was fiddling with dad's hands and asked , "Mom's opposite?"

She nods her head and said bluntly , "He's just practically an asshole and a jerk." , she snorts and snarkily said , "Suited for him."

"Anastasia!" , dad laughed a little as he leaned his forehead onto mom's , while mom pouted , "What's the matter with you? You seem so feisty."

"She wasn't when you weren't around." , I butted in amusedly.

"Look , I have the right to be mean and feisty when they're names come up because one of them whom , I dunno , threatened to eliminate me when I was still human? Oh , why don't we ask 'oohh-I-have-big-boobies-and-you-don't' lady!" , mom huffed making me laugh as dad was just sweat dropping , "That woman is the main reason why I started to think 'flat is justice'!"

"But I find your che---"

"Don't make me chop your balls off , Pitch." , mom said while glaring at dad whom closed his lips together with raised hands in mock surrender.