Chapter 5

"Gah! I'm late!"

I screeched as I sat up and took a quick shower and with a snap of my fingers , I was wearing my guardian outfit.

For a Guardian of Happiness , her outfit is really extravagant. Not suiting for a klutz like me.

I thought as I fixed the skirt and looked at myself through my mirror and sighed.

"I'm finally a guardian since yesterday." , I mumbled as my emerald , with a tinge of gold , eyes were shining because of the sun's rays.

"Goddamnit , woman! Stop beating me with my own game!"

"It's your own fault you challenged me!"

Again? Really?

I thought as I walked out my bedroom doors and saw my mom and dad playing chess at their usual spot.

The living room.

I see dad growl playfully as they were fixing the chess board properly , "This is my 5th lose. All in all I have 5 loses and 6 wins."

Then I looked at mom whom had a smirk on her face while fiddling with her white knight and said , "Congratulations for calculating it. I applaud you , sweetheart. Whilst I have 5 loses and 6 wins now also."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a box of cereal from our kitchen cupboard , "Goodmorning mama and papa."

They both looked at me and smiled , "Morning Lin!" , mom chirped as she moved her white bishop and ate dad's knight.

While dad moved his black queen and ate mom's white bishop , "Goodmorning , dear." , as dad gave mom and me a closed eyed smile , "Did you think I would fall for your trap , my love?"

I took a spoonful of my cereals and ate while watching them play , "And let me guess , you have about 11 ties?"

"Correct because your mother always sets traps." , dad growled out as his black knight was eaten by mom's white bishop , "Like that."

"Good calculations , Linnea! You are really mama's girl~"

"WHAT?!"

Dad screeched as he stood up then quickly recovered and resumed the game.

I chuckled a little and finished my cereal then drank the milk and placed my dishes in the sink and was about to wash it.

"Oh! Just leave it there , Linnea. I'll clean it up for you. I know you're excited for your guardian work today." , mom perked up making me look at her with a wide smile , "Now go along."

I cheered and ran towards them giving mom a side hug and kissing her cheek , "Thanks mama!" , then went over to dad to give him a sidehug and kiss his cheek also , "See you both later at 5 PM."

Then ran towards the doors of the lair.

"Don't exert yourself too much , Linnea! Remember that." , I hear dad as I just shouted out an 'okay' and flying away from the lair and then outside feeling the fresh air around me.

Time to spread some happiness out there!

I thought as I grinned and flew across the city.

I smiled seeing the people like tiny ants.

Looking behind me , I gasped , "Huh?" , as I noticed shiny white dusts coming out behind me.

Specifically at the back edge of my white gown.

I stopped over a brown rooftop as I see the dusts coming down onto other people's head.

After that , I see a smile creeping onto their faces. Especially infants on carriers.

Is this.....how it is to become a guardian?

I thought as I smiled and saw their faces.

"Waaaah!"

I looked over across the other side of the rooftop and saw another infant inside a purple carrier as her mother was rocking the carrier , trying to calm her down.

"Hush hush now , sweet Tasia." , the woman with long black hair cooed.

I tilted my head to the side as I watch their movements.

The infant seemed to be still crying as the mother sighed and carried her in her arms carefully , "I wonder what Mam Cecilia and Anas big sis would be doing."

*Neigh!*

I gasped as one of my father's Nightmare horses seemed to be beside the woman.

What?!

I thought as I panicked and was about to push it away until the woman noticed the black horse and smiled , "Hello Blacky. Aren't you supposed to be at home?"

She can see it? That means...she's pure hearted.

I thought confusedly as I just watched the other people not seeing the horse except for the woman and the infant whom is currently teary eyed and eyeing the horse , curiousity in her eyes.

The woman noticed it and chuckled as she bounced the child a little and said , "See? Blacky is here so don't cry." , as the horse just neighed and nudged the infant a little and disappeared out of sight , "And he will be gone a for a while since he is not from our world."

Weird..

"I will be discussing this with papa later when I get home." , I mumbled as I sighed and glanced them then flew around the two , leaving a spray of shiny white dust all over them.

And as I was about to leave I hear the infant laugh cutely as she was raising her hands up to me , seeing me.

Infants , children and others with pure hearts can see guardians.

I thought amusedly as I smiled at the infant and waved then went off to another place.

"Well , well."

I glanced behind me through my shoulder and smiled.

"Vivi!"

I called out happily as flew beside me , smirking then saying , "The one and only , brat."

I pouted and noticed him in his guardian outfit.

A black cloak surrounding his body but enough to see him wearing black skinny jeans and black leather boots.

"You're working too?" , I perked curiously as he rolled his eyes making me pout even more , "I'm just asking!"

"Yeah I'm working. What does it look like? That's what I've been doing my entire guardian life." , he grumbled as he cleared his throat and said , "Anyway , Guardian of Happiness , huh?"

I grinned and twirled a little as I chirped , "Yep! The new one."

He smirked a little and said something that I didn't hear due to the air around us.

"What?" , I called out as he glanced at me through the corners of his eyes.

He sighed and replied , "I said how ironic."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and asked , "Why?"

He smirked and said.

"For the gods to be seeing the Guardian of Depression and Guardian of Happiness seen together chatting. It was probably fated to be."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

CHAPPY 5 IS NOW DONE! YAS!

So I started watching 'No Game No Life' again. Haha. Woops.

Anyway! Imma see you all in the next chappy!

Krazy with K. What can I say? OUT!