Chapter 7

"Anastasia , stop pulling tricks!"

"I would if you would first , Pitch!"

I snap my tired eyes open as I sat up and growled while rubbing my eyes and looking towards my bedroom doors.

So early in the 'effing morning..?!

I thought irritatedly and jumped out of my bed then trudged my way towards my doors and slammed them open.

"Gaah!"

"Bwaha! You got scared Pitch---Aaah!"

I rolled my eyes as mom stopped laughing and turned to look at me only to scream.

Walking towards the kitchen to eat breakfast , I grumbled , "Now that's just plain rude , mama."

I hear her laugh with dad chuckling as I glanced up at her and saw her continuing her game with dad as usual.

This time it's Poker.

Oh? A game with cards and chances?

I thought amusedly while I was opening the fridge and grabbed two eggs and two bacon strips.

"Poker , really?" , I said out loud.

Dad huffed as he placed down a card and picked another one , "Your mother suggested it." , he said while sighing while mom was humming and looking through her cards , "I'm ready to show my cards , Anastasia."

"Me too , Pitch." , mom chirped while I was done cooking the bacon strips and two scrambled eggs and placing them on a clean white plate , "Are you ready?"

"Of course , love. On the count of three." , I hear dad reply as he cleared his throat , "1..."

I placed the used pan on the sink and let it soak in water as I grabbed my plate and went to sit on a chair.

"2..."

I placed the plate on top of the table and began eating my food while boredly watching them.

After eating , I should probably take a bath.

I thought as I was glancing up on my messy hair.

"Three! Full house!" , dad anounced.

Mom grinned and showed hers , saying , "Royal flush , dork. I win." , making dad roll his eyes and place the cards down , "That makes it 6 loses , 11 wins , and 23 ties."

Dad sighed and smiled at mom saying , "Yes. And I have 6 loses , and 11 wins as well , dear."

I crunched onto my crunchy bacon strip as I said to them , "You guys always play against each other but always end up having ties and the same loses and wins."

They both look towards me with a smile , "That's just how we are , Lin." , mom said , chuckling.

After finishing my last bacon strip and drinking my glass of milk , I responded to them , "I know. But what's the use of playing against each other if you two have the same level? Isn't that kinda hard?" , while placing the utensils in the sink and washing them.

I hear the both of them laugh.

"That's where it's fun though , honey. The harder it is , the more challenging it is." , dad said , chuckling , "Right , love?"

"Yep! And the more challenging it is , the sharper our minds will become." , mom responded.

I finished washing the dishes and placed them on the dryer as I wiped my hands and turned around to look at them with an amused look on my face.