Chapter 19

Days passed since 'hell' , A.K.A my menstrual freaking cycle , and the 'leaking' stopped if you girls out there know what I mean , but my body still feels some pain.

But not that usual strong pain I get while I was having it , just twinges of it. Mostly on the lower part of my abdomen or in my arms and legs.

Though , aside from that , it's done.

And because it's done...

"Took a bath , got my dress and dolls on , ate food , and made sure I don't look like crap!" , I listed off happily as I turned away from my mirror inside my room and looked up at Cupid whom had a raised brow while smirking at me , "What?"

He crossed his arms across his chest and shook his head , probably in disbelief since his face has it , "I don't know if I should be happy or worried that your 'hell' is done." , he said amusedly , "Then again , it is you so I have nothing to worry about."

"Hey!"

"Funny how I said that to her mother one time when she was still a human having her 'hell' as well." , a familiar , deep yet warm voice said near us making me and Cupid look towards the source , "So glad you're up and well again , Lin."

My smile widens as I rushed over to my dad and hugged him , "Papa!" , I greeted him happily as he returned a hug to me as well tightening it a bit while I pulled away a little to look at him , "And thanks. I'm so glad to see you and mama too after 3 days. " , I said softly as I turned to mama whom smiled brightly at me and walked over to give me a hug as well.

Yeah, mom and dad were away for 3 days during my 'hell' , which was the worst since them and Cupid were the only ones who know how to help me when that time comes.

But I understand why they left. It seemed very important since they also brought along Xavier for the Council meeting , leaving me with Cupid.

Much to Xavier's dismay , said Cupid days ago since Xavier was really unwilling to go with them since he wanted to be beside me instead as my bodyguard than to listen to some silly and boring meeting. Though in the end , Xavier gave in and only left as long as he got to talk with Cupid before he did so which confused me.

And I'll admit , I pestered Cupid to tell me what he and Xavier talked about.

"Hey kid."

My thoughts were cut short when a familiar deep and gruff voice greeted me warmly. I tinge of relief , I noticed there.

I pulled away from my parents and turned to Xavier , giving him a smile as I approached him and him to me , "Hey old man" , I greeted back.

The side of his mouth twitched as he smirked at me and lifted one hand to the side of my face , almost making me blush assuming he might go and caress my cheek or something. Almost , 'kay?

But nope. Of course being Xavier freaking Blackwood , the Guardian of Depression and all , instead of the assumed affectionate thought , he pinched my cheek instead which caused me to scrunch my nose and furrow my brows , "What the hell." , I growled as I pinched his wrist.

"What the hell to you too for calling me a damn old man!" , he replied back as he used his free hand and was about to pinch my other cheek.

But I cut him to it as I blocked it by using my other hand.

My hand holding his as we were now caught up in one of our so called 'friendly fights' as my mom would call it.

"But you are! You even said it yourself when I was about 9 and a half years old back when you were still in the Void!" , I replied back as I pinched his wrist harder making him curse under his breath.