#20. If You Want Love

NF - IF YOU WANT LOVE 

" I'm full, can I go and play now ?" She smartly asked trying to get out of this convocation.

" Sure just be sure to take a bath first"

As she left I headed back up stairs after clearing our eating space. While walking towards the stairs I looked up and saw Kylie cuddled up next to Alexander and her uncle as the others watched the game.

Maria's POV

It has been an entire week since I've been staying at this place, I barely came out of my room Alexander apparently was occupying another room, and Kylie spends most of her time with Mars. I know that deep down that I should try and be there for her but I feel as though she is happier without me being around. 

I decided that today I was going to pay a visit to my stepmother, even though I don't see eye to eye with her husband ( my father ) I think she would be able to talk some sense into Mars. I decided it was time to get up and stop moping around I got out of bed and went to the bathroom took a bath, brushed my teeth and did my hair. I exit the bathroom to find Ky sitting on my bed.

She looked up at me as I moved around " mom? "  She called out 

" What is it ?" I questioned as I looked over at her.

" Are you going to talk to daddy?'' Sighing I turned my back to her

" Ky your father is not here right now and I'm not going to go looking for him." I responded with my back still turned to her.

"Okay" She one worded me 

" Is everything okay Kylie ?'' I questioned her, she got off the bed and walked to the door before replying to me.

" I don't want you to get hurt again mommy because when you're sad I get sad" 

"Ky" I sighed out her name 

"But maybe daddy wouldn't hurt you if you were being good mommy, maybe if you listened to him he wouldn't hit you... you always tell me that when I'm being bad I'm going to be punished maybe daddy was just punishing you because your didn't do what you were supposed to." She looked at me with tears in her eyes as she spilled her words out, she was trying to make sense of the situation. It was obvious that sooner or later I'd have to get her into therapy.

I'm shocked that she would say such a thing, what sort of example did I set for my daughter? This is horrible she honestly thinks that a man laying his hands on a woman is okay. This whole time I didn't realize what I have been doing to her she listened as her father and I fought, God knows what he said to her when I was in the hospital. What the hell is happening to us? I have to fix this, I can't have her grow up thinking that this is okay. I will not watch my daughter grow up to live the life that live I can't watch such a thing happen to her.

I walked over to her and got down on my knees so that I would be at her level looking her dead in the eyes " Kylie you listen to me and you listen to be good, it is never okay for a man to put his hands on you. What happened between your dad and I was unfortunate but I assure you that you won't have to see that happen again, you hear me? It is not okay." She nodded at me with a sad smile.

" Now why don't you go get dressed and take a bath we're going to see someone." She responded with a quiet 'okay' as she left.

I honestly haven't seen my father in years, he disowned me after I got pregnant with Ky but I still kept in contact with my stepmother. She meant the world to me, she was like the mother I never had. I've seen my mother a handful of times when I was younger she would come to my grandmother's house, all I really remember is hearing them fight and her storming out. She never really made an effort to pay any sort of attention to me. I got dressed and went downstairs to wait on KyIie, I walked into the kitchen to see Alexander with some woman on his lap. I looked at him and cleared my throat. His eyes snapped up to me while the woman on his lap glared at me.