# 11. Why Did She?

MICHAEL MALARKEY AS MARS JOHNSON

'MOMMY!!'' I screamed horrified as uncle Mars heard and came running in trying to help mom as I sobbed on the floor.

Mars's POV

Why would she do such a thing? Is it because she is having his kid? Maria has always been one to throw herself a pity party. Rushing to her aid trying not to make a bigger mess. Mars this is not the time to panic I kept repeating to myself, at the end of the day she was my younger sister. Remembering Kylie was there I called for her assistance .

"Kylie " I called out to her, she kept crying as I was trying to help her mom I talked to her "Ky your mom needs you okay, baby please stop crying and listen, go to the phone and call for help we need to help mommy." I rushed out to her.

She quickly got up and ran for her mom's phone that was laying on the bed. By now Maria was knocked out as I struggled to stop the bleeding  but I wasn't able to do much. The ambulance and police were here so hopefully she gets out of this alive. It's like death is after her, like something really wants her dead. Why would Maria be so selfish and do this to herself? To us? To Kylie ? What she did really made me question her ability to be a mother to Kylie  and her unborn child this was seriously selfish.

They wrapped her naked body and placed her on the bed and wheeled her out while trying to stop the bleeding and bring her back to consciousnesses as Kylie waited in her tears I quickly went to her.

" It's going to be okay. " I whispered trying to convince the both of us.

" No it isn't...daddy hurts her and now she wants to run away without me. " She sobbed into my chest this isn't fair to Kylie and what does she means by daddy hurts her? That would explain the bruises on her body. What the hell have Shane been doing to her, and where the hell was he?

Lifting Ky up I walked towards the ambulance
" What's going on? " There was a crowd outside her apartment and murmurs and whispers followed.

" She's in and out of consciousnesses, we need to get her to the emergency room immediately." One of the paramedics says while signaling to us that they're  leaving, before I could respond or ride with them. I looked at a fast asleep Kylie and sighed the day must have taken a toll on her. As I was heading to my car two officers approached me.

"Good day we would like to ask you a few questions, I'm officer Jeffery and this is my partner Carl" he said as I nodded for him to continue.

"Where were you when this happens? " he questioned

"At home with my family " I quickly responded

"Were there any signs that she would have done something like this ?"

"No, none at all she seemed happy and acted like everything was okay. "

"Her body was battered and bruised. Do you have any idea what could've been the case? " He looked at me closely

Shaking my head I looked at a sleeping Kylie remembering what she told me.

" I don't get who would do such a thing to her, she has been good with everyone but her daughter said that her father hurts Maria but she never said a thing. " I responded all in one breath

He nodded "So is her father...?" he trailed off

" Her boyfriend "

"Thank you " With that he nodded and he left

I quickly got to my car and raced to the hospital surprisingly without a ticket

Thinking of what Shane did made my blood boil, looks like Xavier was telling the truth all along and Maria was putting up a front. She wasn't happy at all and Ky had to go through all of this with her it wasn't fair.

Getting to the hospital and picking my niece up in my arms I took her in.

"Maria Johnson "I quickly said to the receptionist

"Room 583, she's still in surgery though but you can wait in there." She replied with a bored tone,I got into the elevator and went to her room.

" I'm sorry no one's allowed in at the moment "A nurse said to me

" Why?" I disapproving asked

" She haven't been transported as yet" her eyes moved to Kylie in my arms " and she's currently unstable ." She then walked away so I sat down with Kylie  in my arms while I called and informed everyone about what had happened. 

We are always at the hospital and it's unfair seeing her mother in such situations it's like the hospital became her home . What Shane did really messed up his daughter's life and just the thought of him is driving me crazy, we were supposed to be best friends and best friends don't beat the shit out of each other's sister, I trusted him with her despite his past .

Looking down at Kylie I had to be strong for all of us, she needs all the love see could get. Too many times she almost lost her mother and watched her father abuse her mother. Thinking back to her teary eyes she have seen things kids her age shouldn't see, this has gotten to such a length that not even Kylie was safe and it's going to destroy her life, someone needs to take action and fast, For Ky's sake .

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks so much guys 

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment

And share

Twitter: @darkskinnedcho02

ig : @darkskinnedchoco

until next time ...