#9. How To Love

Lil Wayne- How to love

I feel like this song is perfect

I played with my finger nails as the doctor came out " Maria Johnson " she called, looking around I stood up and walked to the room she was standing by, whatever results I get today will be my true faith.

Maria's POV

After entering the room I nervously looked around.
"Hello, my name is Mary and I'm your attending nurse, now we'll do the basic checks as I'm sure you're used to." She smiled at me as she gave me a tiny cup and directed me to the bathroom. After doing my business in the bathroom and filling the cup up I washed my hands as I stared at myself in the mirror. I don't know what I'm going to do when I leave this place but I'm hopping for the best. I smiled at myself and left the restroom later handing over my cup to the nurse, I wait around for a few minutes until the doctor entered the room.

"Good morning I'm Dr. Smith, how are you doing today ? Please do me favor and make yourself comfortable on the bed." She smiled at me while introducing herself. I gave her back a tight smile whispering out an "I fine" before I did as she asked, she asked  a few questions like : when was my last check up, how have I been feeling, my age, things like that she ran a few test and said she would be right back, when she saw the bruises her eyes widened but she didn't ask a thing which I was grateful for. All the memories flashed back as I waited.

' You want to know what really hurts? The fact that you would lie to me. ' Mars said with venom dripping from his voice

' You think I want anyone to be calling my sister a fucking whore? half sister or not Maria '

' I'm sorry ' I whispered

'Sorry?...Really, sorry? You're carrying my best friend's fucking kid Maria! ' He made it clear that he was angry, he also acted like it was news to him that we were in a relationship

'Mars would you please stop swearing! ' I looked up at him trying to calm him down

' Mommy why don't I have a daddy? All the other kids at school have a daddy . ' Ky asked innocently

I stood speechless I couldn't answer her question.

'Melissa!...Melissa! 'I ran through the house shouting.

' What is it? ' She asked eagerly with a bright smile

' Dad! Where's dad...you know what here.' I excitedly pushed my acceptance letter in her hands with a huge smile on my face.

' Shain, I swear I didn't ' I tried convincing him

'Don't you fucking lie to me ' he sneered

He grabbed me and pushed me up against the wall as he circled his hands around my neck and chocked me I tried fighting him but I couldn't, I swear every time I swallowed I could feel his hands tightening.

" S-shain...baby...p-please ' He just squeezed harder everything just went black  that was the very first time he ever  his hands on me not full on beating me but chocking me out I should have ran away but being a crazy fifteen year old I didn't, I stayed.

' What are you doing home? ' I questioned my older brother as I walked through the door after another failed attempt of getting in touch with my birth mother .

'That's none of you business ' he replied

" Don't act like that Mars. Who's this anyway? ' I questioned as I smiled at the stranger sitting next to him.