#8. Giving UP

MIA MITCHELL AS MONA HOWELL

When he was done with me he fixed himself to walked out the door not before stooping down to Ky's level and whispering something to her, later on kissing her forehead and taking his leave. I watched as she flinched away from her fathers touch, she made her way over to me in the half empty bathtub and got in and held me as she cried herself to sleep in my arms.

Maria's POV

Everyday it continued, him taking advantage of me and I wouldn't do a thing, at this point I had no fight left in me. Kylie believed the lies he would feed her even though she witnessed with her own eyes what he was capable of. I don't know if she truly believed him or if she was trying to do right by him and not step on his toes. Just yesterday he looked me in my face while telling my daughter how much I hated and despised her and that she ruined my life, I couldn't say a thing or later on there would be a consequence for my actions would be worse than what he's already doing. I just hope that deep down she didn't truly believe him, Shane was mentally and emotionally breaking our five year old daughter down. How much worse could it get ? Maybe he would force him self on me of maybe beat me black and blue, he even started started hitting me in front of Kylie and lying to her ' Mommy and daddy are just playing sweetheart. ' And I would have to lie to my daughter, I don't want her to think that's the way to be treated, I know she's aware of what's happening she's a smart kid. Is this what I really want my daughter to grow up around, what if she grew up to receive the same treatment and grow to think that it's completely normal ?

"Would you please just stop? Stop Shane that's not fair " I shouted at him as he remains calm.

"Life's not fair sweetheart, you should know that by now. " Why is his face always so emotionless? 

" Shane please you're going to hurt her!" I was now full blown out screaming at him

" Don't you tell me what I'm going to do, that's my fucking child " he was getting upset but I don't care how upset he gets I have a right to say what I think.

" AND MINE TOO!!" I screamed at him.

" Don't you dare raise your voice at me." I didn't even realize he raised his hand on me until his fist made contact with my face. Usually he would hit me in places that people wouldn't see but lately he has  been hitting me where ever he felt like .

I cried out in agony as tears stream down my face. Kylie was sleeping in this very same room and he dared to raise his hands on me, at this point he didn't care anymore. He continued his assault by back handing me and punching me in the stomach repeatedly I was on the ground begging for life as he continued to beat me, after his beatings while being pregnant with Kylie it became instinct to protect my stomach. I could hear her soft whimpers and only being able to open one eye I saw Kylie on the bed crying. I was suppose to be strong for the both of us but I couldn't live another day like this, it was selfish of me but this was all the fight I had left in me I loved him, I loved my daughter, I loved my family but maybe it was time for me to be happy I was giving up, I gave him all I had left in me I was done for.

After the beating Kylie watched me take she became extra careful around her father. Three days passed and my body has been aching I've been meaning to go to the hospital but what would I say to them? Shane left after giving me a trashing and didn't come back. Maybe just maybe this was my chance to run, It was normal for him to disappear for days or weeks at a time.

Every time Ky looked at me it looked like she was afraid, she would ignore my presence or just break down in tears by the sight of me but I couldn't hold her because it would physically pain but I couldn't watch my only child like this. I'm a black girl who have been beaten and mistreated for you to see marks on my skin you'd have to look closely but not now you could stay from a distance and see what Shane has done.

" Do you want to leave?'' I looked over to her side of the bed and asked, she silently nodded her head as she cried in the corner. " Okay then." I replied to her, this is it I can't keep her around this anymore.

Later on that day Mona came over and I just so happened to have overhead her conversation with my daughter.
" You little twat! You didn't do it right, I told you to beg your mom to let your dad come back. " She whisper yelled she was bullying my child unbelievable.
" I-I'm s-sorry, I tried. " Kylie cried out

" How dare you treat my child like that " I choked  out in a weak voice

" Get out!... leave, get out! " I tried to scream at her but I couldn't

" How dare you Maria, don't forget my brother lives here. It seems like you truly forgot what he's like. " When she left I looked at Kylie to see her crying but couldn't comfort her so I left.

Monday was my father's birthday, I was suppose to be happy I was indeed happy the old man was a year closer to death.
But today of all days I had to put on a happy face, why? Because it was Xavier's birthday as well and I was planning on going to the hospital plus it was also Christmas eve. I left the house with a pound of make up on as I took a taxi and dropped Kylie off at Cathy's house as we neared the hospital I started to reconsider going but the taxi had already stopped, nervously I got out and paid my cab driver. I walked into the hospital looked around before going to the waiting room and signed up the forms then waited for them to call me to do my check up. I played with my finger nails as the doctor came out " Maria Johnson " she called, looking around I stood up and walked to the room she was standing by, whatever results I get today will be my true faith.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Do you guys mind the short chapter?

Don't forget to :

Vote
Share
Comment

Twitter: @darkskinnedcho02

ig : @darkskinnedchoco

Until next time...