#19. Like Me

ROBERT REDFORD AS MARK JOHNSON

He pulled back and looked me in my eyes '' I'll take you shopping later for better clothe. '' He leaned in and kissed my forehead before leaving with a smirk on his face and his friend looked at me with a confused look before leaving. Kylie entered the kitchen and we had lunch but I was in my thoughts

what was that for ? 

Maria's POV

After Alexander left the kitchen and Kylie returned I fed her lunch as we had a long overdue conversation.

"Is daddy ever going to come back to us ?" She cautiously asked.

I froze and I tried to find an answer to give to her, I sighed and raised my head to reply to her.

 " I uh... ah I...'' I just couldn't find a reply to give to her that wouldn't taint the image a child should have of their father.

" It's okay to say no " She whispered as she forced a smile.

I'm suppose to be the one that tries to comfort her but here she is comforting me .

" I'll understand, plus if he's not coming back I guess Alex can be my new daddy."

I smiled at her "You can't simply choose who you want to be your dad Ky. Shane would always be your father no matter what, and I want you to know that he will always love you. It's just that we couldn't love each other." As I looked into her eyes I realized how sad my baby girl was. How could I not see that before?

"You're not suppose to love him if he hates you." She whispered 

I looked at her shocked " Sweetheart we don't hate each other. "

" When I grow up I don't want to be like that, I don't want the person that I love to hate me, I don't want to be like you mommy." She looked at me as she replied with a sad expression.

" I'm not stupid mommy I've seen daddy make you cry, and it's all my fault I asked for him to back it's my fault that he hurts you." She bowed her head not wanting to look me in the eyes.

I cupped her cheeks as I raised her head so she can look into my eyes. "Nothing is your fault Ky. You have a right to ask about your father and what happened between us has nothing to do with you.'' I smiled at her. I am such a disappointment that my own child wishes to be nothing like me, I wouldn't want her to be like me, I want her to have a father, I want her to be loved by someone who loves her back, I want her to be happy, I want her to have what I didn't.

" I'm full, can I go and play now ?" She smartly asked trying to get out of this convocation.

" Sure just be sure to take a bath first"

As she left I headed back up stairs after clearing our eating space. While walking towards the stairs I looked up and saw Kylie cuddled up next to Alexander and her uncle as the others watched the game.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Does this even count as chapter ? 😭

FOLLOW ME ON IG @DARKSKINNEDCHOCO

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ DARSKINNEDCHO02

I'm going to be adding you back

DON'T FORGET TO

COMMENT

FOLLOW

AND VOTE

I hope you enjoyed

Until next time...