Chapter 24

Sai and I had to come up with a rotation thing because Lady Tsunade wasn't able to find medicine for him, but she said she'd find us when she did.

Sai started because I was exhausted. This would soon be all over and I could get back to my normal life.

Genma was still asleep, so we moved softly so we wouldn't wake him up.

"What are you gonna tell your dad?" asked Sai.

"About what?" I asked.

"Itachi, I've been living in your house for like the last few months. You don't think he'll notice?" he asked.

"Well I think you're in luck because you're healthy now and you're in ANBU" I said.

"Okay" he said.

"But what'll you do about Genma?" asked Sai.

That's right. Genma's family was killed, not to mention he had no place to go. Then again, he's  not better yet.

"I'm not sure" I said.

We stopped for breakfast and I watched over Genma as Sai went to get food.

Genma opened his eyes a little and closed them, until his eyes were fully open.

"How you doing?" I asked.

"Good. So far anyway" he said, laughing softly.

Sai came back with some fish and I started the fire with a fireball jutsu.

Sai was kind of still hungry so he ate 2. I ate one, but Genma didn't eat anything.

"You sure you don't want breakfast Genma? It'll be a while till we get back" I said.

Genma nodded.

I picked up Genma and went a bit faster than last time, for it was almost noon.

We ran through the Leaf Village's exterior forest, meaning we were getting closer.

Genma put a hand to his forehead and I headed towards a small cave and lied him down on the floor.

He started moaning and I held his hand.

"Genma we can't hold up any longer. Is it okay if we keep going?" asked Sai.

He nodded shakily and I carried him again and we got to the village gate.

"Itachi" said Genma.

"Can you stop moving for a few minutes?" he asked.

"Well we're at the gate so sure" I said.

I guess the moving triggered his headache more if he wanted me to stop moving.

I carried him as he tried to resist and ran to Lord Hokage's.

I opened the door and brought in Sai and Genma.

"Itachi. How did it go?" he asked.

"It was okay. Sai is healed but Genma was poisoned so she is finding medicine" I said.

"Alright well you are all here for ANBU check in so you may go home."

I nodded and carried Genma to me house, and right on the porch was father.