Chapter 7

"Oh my god Itachi!"

I woke up in what seemed like an infinite pool of blood. Was it my own? What happened?

My hair was ragged and tainted red from the blood. Genma was shaking me, trying to awaken me, while Kakashi thought quickly on what to do?

I slowly opened my eyes to find that only ONE opened.

I moaned softly as Kakashi rushed over to me from me being awake.

"Is....is Gaara ok?" I asked.

"Yeah he's okay. You do remember what happened don't you?" asked Kakashi.

I nodded. He took a part of my Sharingan eye. But what was he going to do with it?

"We have to get your eye back" said Kakashi.

I laughed softly. "Yeah no kidding."

Genma carries me bridal style to where Gaara was upon my request. Before we entered, I asked Genma "Do you have any bandages?"

"Yeah."

He wrapped the bandages around my eye wrapping behind the back of my head as he sealed the bandages.

"Ok. I'd say you're good to go."

I walked in, seeing a trembling Gaara.

"Hey Gaara" I said.

Gaara turned around swiftly and said "What happened Itachi?"

"Uh.. nothing it's just that my right eye needs to rest sometimes" I said.

"Oh."

"Can you take me with you?" he asked.

"Uh..."

"Please? I'll help out in your house and I'll be good. I can fix things" he said.

"Okay" I said.

I couldn't leave him here, but then again what would father say? Mother would have no problem, and Sasuke would love to have someone to play with while I was gone.

"Let's go back to the village" said Kakashi.

"Okay" said Genma.

I carried Gaara on my back as he closed his eyes, attempting to sleep, but he couldn't.

"So Gaara, have you ever wanted a brother?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said.

"Well now you have two. Not just me, I have a little brother who's your age and he'll be happy to play with you" I said

Gaara smiled at me as we got closer and closer to the village gate.

However, I couldn't tell Lord Hokage I was caring for the Jinchuriki of Shukaku. He would probably make me return him to his village, where he has no peace. No happiness.

Kakashi and Genma waved goodbye as I didn't head home, but to Shisui's house.

"Is this your house" asked Gaara.

"No, this is a house of a good friend. I'm sure he'll like you" I said.

Gaara looked confused as I headed towards the window.

"Doesn't this house have a door?" he asked.

"Yeah it does, but Shisui usually meets me in his room" I said.

Shisui then saw me at the window and lifted it.

"Hey Itachi! Who's this you've got with you?" he asked.

"This is Gaara. He's from the Sand" I said.

I leaned into Shisui's ear and whispered "he's the Sand spirit Jinchuriki."

"Nice to meet ya Gaara I'm Shisui" he said.

Gaara waddled over and hugged Shisui.

Shisui loved kids. And I mean he ADORES them.

Shisui hugged Gaara and played around with him.

"Hey Gaara, did Itachi ever tell you that time-"

"Shisui!"

"One time, Itachi laughed so hard he started crying, and then I realized he was wearing eyeliner!"

I put my hand to my face as I told Shisui NOT to tell anyone.

"I think that's fine. Boys can wear makeup too just like girls" said Gaara.

"Okay Gaara, I need to introduce you to my mom and brother, and then if my dad is ok with you staying here by my mom telling him, you can stay. Well either way you're staying" I said.

I took a deep breath and slid open the door.