And the Culprit Is...

I was sitting across from Kanan Matsuyama in the student council room. I offered to make some tea, but she insisted to make it since I am a guest. While she was taking a sip, I was more suspicious of what her intentions where. If my hypothesis is correct, then she will want a favor from me concerning about the match between the Host Club and American football club.

"Miss Irie-"

"Oh, you don't have to be so formal with me. Just (Y/N) is fine." I interrupted her. Kanan nods her head. She places her tea down on the table.

"(Y/N). I was wondering if you would be participating in the competition. I know it sounds strange, but I wanted to make sure you'd be alright." I raise my eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. I am confused. What do you mean?" I ask. Is she implying something?

"It's just that as a member of the student council, we are in charge of overseeing the competition. As it turns out, it's more physical-based than anticipated. I hope the boys won't be too rough towards you." She makes an awkward smile. Is she implying I'm too weak just because I'm a girl? "I have no intention to offend you, but the American Football Club can be too rowdy for their own good."

Let me test my hypothesis.

"Does Kuze-sempai know about this?" I glint at her. She froze. A sweat drops from her forehead. She manages to maintain her composure.

"Uh...(Y/N). That seems a bit out-of-question. The entire school will be notified of the competition today. However, I wanted to give you a debriefing in case something were to happen to you. Not that anything should happen to you. It's just that I'm preparing for the worst-case scenario. Hopefully, it won't come down to that." I stand from my seat. I bow to her.

"Thank you, but I'm sure I'll be in it." I turn to walk out the door.

"Hold on. I have one more question for you." I stopped to look over at her. Her face expression showed she was trying to say it without offending me any further. "What's your relationship to Kyoya?" My eyes widen. I cover my eyes with my hair, trying not to show her my shocked expression. Taking a deep breath, composing myself, I look at her with a serious expression on my face.

"Forgive my crass, Vice President. It's something that doesn't concern you." I continue to head out the door. Before I left, I made one final comment to her. "By the way,... you shouldn't underestimate my physical strength because I'm a girl." I shut the door before I could hear her response.

Test concluded...Hypothesis confirmed.

When I entered Music Room #3, I saw a majority of the Host Club members exercising. Hikaru and Karou are running on the treadmill. Tamaki-sempai is doing sit-ups. Honey-sempai and Mori-sempai are lifting weights.

"What the-?" I say. Haruhi greeted me as I stood next to her and Kyoya-sempai. "Should I even bother to ask?" Kyoya-sempai handed me the newspaper. The title stated Cross-Campus Ultra Race.

"It appears the competition will require physical strength, but that can easily be offset by our intelligence. Instead of wasting our effort now, let's form a suitable strategy and -" Kyoya-sempai explains. I'm in no mood to hear the rest. "Hey, are you even listening?" he asks me. I went over to the couch.

"As Jon Snow would say- everything after the word but is horsesh*t." I laid on the couch to scroll through Insta for a little while.

"AH! Mommy's future wifey said a bad word!" Tamaki-sempai shrieks in agony. The twins stopped the treadmill and look back at him with rolled eyes.

"You really have no clue as to how weird that sounds." They comment. After taking a towel to wipe off the excess sweat, they walk over to Haruhi.

"By the way, Haruhi, do you have any physical strengths? Cuz we all go to the gym on a regular basis." Hikaru asks.