Zuka Club

Author's Note: Quick spoiler alert for anyone who has not watched Yuri on Ice.

After Kyoya-sempai dragged me away from the man I accidentally bumped into, we stopped by the park. I was feeling a bit parched from running. Kyoya-sempai offered to buy me a bottled water from the one of the local vending machine and agreed not to charge me for it. I was sitting on the bench as Kyoya handed me the water.
"Thank you." I tell him. Kyoya-sempai sat down next to me without saying a word. The situation was a bit tensed. I only looked at the bottled water, not daring to look at Kyoya-sempai in the eyes.
"Your welcome." I heard Kyoya-sempai whisper. I blinked before looking at him. Even though he was looking elsewhere, I couldn't help but smile. I guess it would not hurt to ask him.
"Kyoya-sempai, how did you know that Jun-sempai and I were following you?" I ask him.
"Even an observer can see how dimwitted it was for you and Akuhei to be tailing us. It was no coincidence to see a pamphlet fall in between me and Miss Hanabusa when she tried to hold my hand during the play."
"Of course you did." I sweat-dropped.
"And...?" Kyoya fix his glasses a little to give me a small glare.
"And I am sorry for spying your date with Sumierko-sempai. I should not interrupted since it would appear you like her so much. If you do like her..."
"As long as you apologized, I will forgive you." Kyoya-sempai softens his gaze for a while. I look at him to wonder why he interrupted my sort-of apology. "For now." he emphasizes the last part. I gulped and quickly drank the last bit of water. I tossed it in the recycle bin when I was finished.
"Well then, let us be off." Kyoya-sempai announces. He gets up from the bench and starts walking.
"Huh?" I raise my eyebrow. What does he mean by that?

Kyoya-sempai and I were walking along the large lake in the park. Because the lake was rather large, the locals can rent out boats for at least two people. It was getting late since the sun was setting. While I was distracted by the amount of people riding in boats, Kyoya dragged me into the boat he rented out. We were in the waters as Kyoya-sempai keeps rowing.
"I have been meaning to come here when I was in town. I needed an extra person to come join me in these waters." he explains. I looked around to notice a bunch of families eating their lunches, chatting amongst themselves, or taking pictures of the lake.
"This seems rather familiar to me. I feel like I've been here with my parents when I was little."
"So you recognize it?" Kyoya-sempai halts in rowing. I am confused on what he means by that.
"I think so." Kyoya-sempai lets out a small chuckle.
"For the girl with the perfect memory, I am rather surprised to see you don't remember this place very well."
"Care to explain." I suspiciously ask him. Kyoya-sempai lets out a smirk.
"Do you notice how there are not many couples in these waters?" I look around to confirm this.
"So what's your point?"
"This lake has a well-known story that whenever a couple rides boats in these waters, the couple will be jinxed and eventually break up." Kyoya-sempai explains. I froze for a second.
"Uhm, we are not a couple. And how would I know this place if I never-"
"Your parents rode in this lake when they were young, and that superstition has never effected them." Hold on a minute, that story is coming back to me.
"Yeah, I remember now. My parents brought me here when I was around four. We rode the boat and had picnics by this same lake." I tell him. I had so much on my mind that I almost forgot that memory. Not that I would forget a memory. It's just that I haven't really reminiscent about my childhood days lately. There's just on thing that is bugging me right now.
"Kyoya-sempai, how come you know this?" I ask him. He smiles in the usual manner whenever he greets a guest in the Host Club.
"Because your father explain the story to me over the phone. I was calling him on the usual updates on you, and I brought up the fact I was going to be around this area. Seems like he remembers better than you." It took me a few moments to process the information I learned from him. I instantly stood up when I realized my father was getting calls from Kyoya-sempai.
"What!!!??? Hold the phone! When did you start calling my father!? And how long!? And what did you say to him!? How about you start explaining yourself on why my personal life is intriguing you right now!? Do you know anything about personal boundaries!?" I began yelling and screaming at him. Kyoya-sempai grips onto the rims of the boat, holding onto it for dear life.
"(Y/N), don't stand up. You are going to tip over the boat. You are making a scene." Kyoya worriedly says to me.
"A scene! I won't stop until you explain your-seeeellllffff!!!!!!" I should have realizes my rant cause me to rock the boat back and forth. That's when I caused the boat to flip over, and we went straight into the water. Kyoya-sempai and I emerged from the waters near our upside-down boat.
"Are you alright?" Kyoya-sempai asks me. I cough bit bit before answering him.
"Yeah. I'm fine. However, we are going to have a long talk about this."
"That would be my line, (Y/N)."