Open Up. The Rivals Are Here

The marketplace was not too busy. Haruhi and (Y/N) were observing potential ingredients for a nice lunch. Since they did not know what to make, they plan on looking around to see what can they make to feed a large group of people.

"Last time those boys came to for an unexpected visit, you made a stew pot, right?" (Y/N) asks Haruhi.

"Yeah. My dad put a ton of chrysanthemum into his bowl, so Tamaki-sempai had scarf it all down." (Y/N) lets out a few giggles.

"Wow. Guess he really did not want to get on your dad's bad side. And yet he still ends up being the punching bag." Haruhi smiles at her friend's chuckles until something caught her eye. She looks above her to see some curry roux.

"Hey, about we make some curry? We can buy the meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and the roux here so we don't have to visit other stores for more ingredients." (Y/N) stops laughing to see her friend pointing to the boxes of curry. (Y/N) looks back at her friend with a guilty expression on her face.

"That would be a great idea, but my grandmother already made curry last night. I'm sorry for being upfront about it." Haruhi sighs. She rubs her cheek with her index finger.

"That's a shame. The curry would be a great idea since we have a lot of people to feed." A light bulb brightens above (Y/N)'s head. She snaps her finger.

"I know! How about pasta puttanesca?" Haruhi raises an eyebrow at her. Comprehending that her friends needs an explanation, (Y/N) describes the dish. "It's a dish from a book series I read when I was a kid. Something about three orphans cooking it for a vile count. Anyways, it's a pasta made from tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, and anchovies." Haruhi has a disgusted look on her face.

"I'm not sure I can eat something with anchovies in it." Haruhi admits.

"Yeah. You're right." (Y/N) quickly dismisses her idea. "Oh, how about another hot pot dish? This time, we can make sukiyaki or a tomato-based hot pot." Haruhi shrugs her shoulders.

"I guess we can go for the sukiyaki. I know it's a winter season food, but we can feed everyone this way. I can go get the sliced beef, eggs, and noodles. Can you gather the tofu and vegetables? We will meet at the cashiers once we are done." (Y/N) nods her head.

"Sure. I'll make sure to pick Chinese cabbage instead of chrysanthemum." While Haruhi left for the meat and dairy section, (Y/N) made her way to the produce section. Picking up a grocery cart on the way, she gathered shiitake mushrooms, enokitake, Chinese cabbage, negi, and carrots for the dish.

"I believe you are forgetting about the chrysanthemum." A voice spoke next to her. A hand places the chrysanthemum into the cart with the other vegetables. (Y/N) looks to see Kyoya was standing next to her. She panics and takes a step back from him. She holds out her palms in defense from the startle.

"Where did you come from?" she asks quickly. Kyoya puts his hands in his pockets.

"Ranka wanted us to come along to watch over you and Haruhi." he explains. (Y/N) turns around to see Ranka belittling Tamaki in front of a distraught Haruhi. The Hitachiin twins were going to try some free samples, but Kyoya's bodyguards were checking it first for poision. Honey was dragging Mori to the bakery to buy some cakes for only 100 yen each. (Y/N) lets out a sigh and brings her hands down. Those rich kids were already causing a scene in front of the other customers. "However, the rest of the Host Club went to do their own business, so I looked around the store for a bit. I notice you were gathering ingredients for a hot pot dish, so i figured you might need some chrysanthemum." Kyoya says with an 'innocent' smile.