The School Girl Type!

Your POV

        Ouran is a bit further from my home, but I am going there for a better education. My parents were a bit concerned seeing how I have to get up early in order to make the train. Luckily, Haruhi is going through the same thing as she takes the train to school. From now on, I can walk with her to school.

        "I'm home." I say out loud as I enter my house. My paternal grandmother greets me by the door. She hasn't really changed that much. Only thing that showed her true age was her (h/c) hair became white and that she has more wrinkles. 

        "Welcome home, (N/N)-chan. How was your first day of school?" she asks me. After placing my shoes off to the side, I smile at her.

        "It was okay, I guess. The school is a lot bigger and a whole lot pinker than Tonan." I simply tell her. She gets really close to me, almost like she wants to a 'girl talk'.

        "Ne, did you find any boys cute?" she asks me quietly. My face turn bright red. She may be my grandmother, but she can acts like a love-sick high school girl who gets involved in love lives. Then again, she did the same thing with my parents.

        "N-No. To be honest, the guys are not really my type." I say with a fake smile and laughter. Hopefully, she can switch to a different topic. She looks disappointed. 

        "Really? Aw, my little (N/N)-chan. And here I thought the best thing about you going to Ouran was to meet a nice rich boy with whom you can marry. Oh, I want to have a great-grandchild soon." she pouts. My eye twitches. Man, she really takes a lot out of you. 

        "Anyway, are mom and dad still working?" I ask her. She snaps out of her 'daydream' and 'fawning' when I asked her about my parents. 

        "Oh, that right's. Kotoko and Oni-chan won't be back until late at night. Apparently, the hospital has been very demanding of your father as of late. I just hope they can come home for dinner, so that we can all hear about your first day of school." she responds. I nod and excuse myself as I make my way to my room. 

I keep wondering on why I even bother joining the Host Club. That is, until I realize two things: I need to join in some extracurricular activities, and Haruhi is in the club. Since she is the only one I practically knew in the school other than my former crush, I might as well join if she's going to be in it. Other than that stupid maid outfit, how bad can it be? Right?

3rd Person POV

        (Y/N)'s parents were able to come home in time for dinner. As everyone in the household were eating dinner together, Kotoko started talking about their day at work. Afterwards, she wanted to know how her daughter's first day of school was.

        "So (Y/N), how's Ouran treating you? I am a bit disappointed how you won't go to the same school as you father and I have. However, I'm still so proud how you were able to get into such a good school." her mother asks. Everyone stares at her as they wait to hear her experience. (Y/N) looks at her food, avoiding the gazes of her family.

        "It was fine. Actually, I ran into Haruhi at school." she answers. 

        "Haruhi? You mean you ran into Haruhi Fujiyoka?" her mother asks. A nod was her answer.

        "Ne, why didn't you tell me sooner (N/N)-chan? I remember the times when you would play with her. Aw, such good memories of my grandchild and her little friend." her grandmother fawns over the memories of little (Y/N) running around happily. (Y/N) only sighs at her grandmother's reaction.