Chapter Twenty Six

A/N- Hello everyone! A new update is finally here (So sorry for delaying it too much) and I really hope y'all will like it. Please don't forget to VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/LOVE this book. It's been added to WATTYS2018 and if you love this book please support it so it can win. Pretty please?

Happy Reading :)

Chapter Twenty Six...

While the guys played basketball in the backyard with Mr. Andrews, we three ladies went upstairs to Case's room and stifled through their childhood albums, talking and laughing about the memories Mrs. Andrews spewed out to Case's much embarrassment.

There were so many candid and funny pictures of Logan and Case, which had me bent over laughing so hard.

Later Mrs. Andrews asked about the little cuts and bruises on all of us and Case was happy to fill her in. She was worried at first but then she smiled and said, "I'm glad you all are okay. I'll see what I can do about Amanda matter. I never liked her from the start to be very honest with you girls, and I feel happy she doesn't have her trance on my son anymore." Then she left to get us some snacks.

I didn't know why but I wanted to know if she liked me? If she thought Logan and I looked good together. But, I wouldn't be able to ever ask her that. Like ever. Like hell no.

Casey's phone buzzed with an incoming text and pink filled her pale cheeks way too quickly.

Guess who it was from.

Right. So she left too with an excuse to help her mom get the food.

Sitting alone in her room while she was probably with Abe making out somewhere in the house, didn't feel right so I headed back down to where Logan and his dad were still playing. His dad was joking about him cheating while he kept denying and laughing.

Honestly, somewhere deep inside of me, I was jealous of them. So jealous. They had everything. They had parents like Mr and Mrs. Andrews, they had a home which was beautiful, they had a foreseeable shinning future ahead of them. Unlike me.

I didn't even know if I'd see a tomorrow when I go to sleep every night. I'd never let myself hope that maybe my sister would be alive somewhere and that I would meet her and get to hug her so tight that she would cough and ask me to let her breathe.

When Logan spotted me, he rushed towards me with a huge grin, grabbing me by the waist and twirling me around.

I laughed, half embarrassed since his dad was standing right there. Ecstatic to see him like that. But, flustered nonetheless.

"I won! All of the games."

He put me down, his smile brighter than the sun up there. His whole face was lit up. And I'd never felt happier in my life.

I nodded with a huge grin of my own, "Congrats."

He brushed a lock behind my ear with strange look in his eyes. "He cheated, just so you know..." Mr. Andrews said from behind him and winked at me.

I chuckled-coughed, blushing severely.

"He's just jealous."

I nodded, looking down at my feet. I didn't know what to say. This was all so new and amazing to me. It was like a dream you know you would be sad waking up from and even afraid that you wouldn't remember it later.

"So..." Logan draped an arm around my shoulder. "How about some cookies?"

He added, quickly, "I'll even help."

"Okay." I raised my brows and smiled up at him.

"Me too!"

"Me too!" "Me too!" Abe and Casey yelled from inside the house.

And my day only got better.

***

We baked cookies together, trying fusion of different ingredients, not knowing how it would taste once baked. But, I absolutely loved the excitement and the thrill it brought.

Later we all watched one of Logan and Abe's games while we munched on the yummy cookies-- it turned out way better than I initially thought. And I learned a lot more about basketball than the last time. I learned a lot more about everyone. Their parents were lawyers. Both represented different firms. Both Logan and Mr. Andrews made breakfast on Sundays while Mrs. Andrews and Casey prepared dinner. It was their family thing. A beautiful thing.

We never had a family thing. Guess, we never were a family to begin with.

After the second half of the game, Casey and Logan went to get some coffee. When they came, Casey sat with Abe and Logan beside me. We were all in the living room with sheets and blankets and pillows on the floor. Sofas weren't that comfy, I guessed.

I didn't know if their parents noticed the switch of the seats but, I definitely did.

I swallowed so hard when Logan placed his hand on mine under the blanket and weaved his fingers through mine. Making my stomach somersault and my spine tingle at the same time. My heart was pounding in my throat.

He leaned in pretty close, his scent enveloping me in seconds, strong and sweet, "I hope you had fun today. And sorry if my parents were too much. They aren't always--"

I turned my face to him and our noses almost touched. I sucked in a breath and shut my eyes for a fraction of a second. He grinned. "Are you kidding me? They are amazing." Better than mine ever were or would be. I wanted to add but held back at the last minute.

"They are amazing. And I will never forget these two days for my entire life."

His eyes darkened, holding me captive. "Neither would I." He whispered. He closed the distance between us and kissed my forehead. Just like last night.

It was perfect. Just like last night.

My heart jumped out of my chest.

Was this our upgrade from holding hands? What did it meant?

I smiled and squeezed his hand, hoping the time would somehow freeze so I wouldn't have to go back.

But you never get what you wish for, do you?

_____________

XOXO 

Thank you so much guys!

~D<3