Chapter Fifteen

Vote/Comment/Share

Chapter Fifteen

The lightening around the dance floor had dimmed while everyone slow-danced. And I felt tears stung at my eyes. Not because I wasn't up there dancing.

Because I didn't like the way Logan's arms hugged Amanda's perfect curves. Because I hated the way Amanda rested her head on his shoulder while they both swayed along with the music.

My heart raced up to a point I couldn't count the beats. Molly stood by my side, "Aren't they perfect? They look so adorable together. You know they'd been together for over a year and then they had this huge fight. We all thought it was THE END but just look at them." I couldn't. "They look perfect together."

And they did.

I didn't belong there.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and staggered back.

"Hey, you okay?"

I nodded without looking at her and turned around, rushing towards the bathroom. I didn't know why it hurt so bad. It shouldn't.

I wiped at my tears and splashed water on my face. I looked disgusting. I rubbed at my eyes and cheeks and lips. My face was a mess of colors by then.

I sighed and took deep struggled breath.

What the hell was I doing?

I grabbed the tissues and wiped my face the best I could. The thick black eyeliner was somehow manageable and my cheeks were light pink now. My lips were shade of faded purple with all the wiping.

I plastered a good smile and walked out as if a knife wasn't piercing into my heart.

I spotted Casey dancing with Abe and a smile automatically formed on my lips. They looked perfect together. Then I didn't mean to but gazed at Logan and Amanda. I shouldn't have.

Amanda brought her lips close to-- I looked away, turning toward the kitchen.

"You fine?"

"Like you care. You only care about this stupid party going perfect is all. So you can score the credits." I snapped.

Ugh!

I didn't mean to sound like a bitch but, I sure as hell did.

So I turned around and immediately apologized, "I'm sorry Danny. It's not the right time. I'm just--"

"Crazy?"

I smiled and nodded.

He laughed. "Join the club." Then he handed me a blue colored punch.

We finished our drinks in one long gulp. "Now back to work."

I tilted my head and stuck my tongue out, "I'm dead and I eat brains."

He laughed, shoving the tray of fresh drinks in my hands.

"I don't care. Work!!"

I kicked the door open, managing the tray--

"You not done yet?"

And I almost dropped the tray. "Shit!" I breathed. My heart frantic. "You need to stop doing this."

Logan was leaning beside the door, his ankles crossed, his hands in his pocket. Why did he had to stand like he's posing for the world's hottest male magazine?

He shrugged, smirking.

"You done dancing?" I had said before I could think about it.

He laughed, stepping beside me, and walking side by side. He leaned forward, sniffing. I glared at him. "What are you doing?"