Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I'd been waiting for Abe for over twenty minutes in this damn cold. But, thankfully today it seemed like that sun had finally decided to show up, though it's warmth still failed to reach the ground.

I was wearing a pair of black woolen leggings and white Cardigan with little flowers all over the front, which Casey and I'd bought in BOGOF offer. I'd left my hair loose for once. I loved the taste of freedom and I was yearning for more. Really bad choice on my part.

A dark blue convertible rushed past me and then halted with a loud screech before coming backwards.

"Sorry about that." Abe spoke, sheepishly smiling as he rolled down the window and spoke.

I laughed and shook my head at him.

I got inside and then we were speeding again. I'd asked him to meet me at the George's Bar and Breakfast. It was closest to my house and I felt safer calling him here rather than around the corner where usually Logan waited.

And honestly, it was like our spot and I didn't feel like sharing it with anyone.

"Hi."

"Hey," I smiled. He was nervous. I could tell that.

"So... Logan--"

"Not home."

"Good." I sighed.

"How?" I had to ask! I was curious.

He grinned, easing up. "I called Quin and asked him to cry help for anything that will get his lazy ass out of the bed."

I laughed. Wait. "Bella's Quin?"

He nodded. "You know him?"

"Not really but we met the other night at the party."

"He's an asshole and he owed me some shit." Abe enlightened, taking a turn and increasing the volume on a song on the radio I didn't recognize.

I nodded, nibbling on my lip. Silence fell over us.

Poor Quin. Logan had looked really pissed at him last night for some reason.

I smiled, shrugging the thought of Logan being Jealous. We both knew we were just kidding.

But was I? Kidding?

"So what do you want for lunch? Because I promise you Princess Casey don't know shit when it comes to cooking. She'll starve you or order some shitty pizza. Which only she likes." He seemed to speak from experience.

I chuckled. "But pizzas are good."

"Yes they are. But not from where she buys them. I know her and if we will take some things with us, she'll not argue much. Only LITTLE."

I laughed full on.

"How did you guys meet?" I'd never asked this before.

"Well, we grew up together. Sort of. When me and my parents shifted to this part of town I was only nine. And Logan and Casey were my neighbors. You can get the rest, smart girl."

I smacked him playfully and he laughed.

"If you don't mind me asking... Is your dad strict or something?"

My stomach dropped and heart sunk back. After I'd showered and had some breakfast in my stomach, I made sure he was still sound asleep. And to make sure of that, I had called his name once and then dropped a pan from the kitchen. He didn't even stir. So I knew I was safe for at least couple of hours.