Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One...

I stared at myself in the mirror for longer than I usually did. My hair were parted on the side and left loose. I was wearing my old jeans with black hoodie-- from BOGOF. It had a huge unfilled golden star at the front. I had refrained myself from wearing any makeup, letting my freckles and underbags be on highlight.

I wore my comfy boots and grabbed the bag I'd prepared for the weekend. My nerves were eerily hyperventilating every second. My stomach was somersaulting inside of me and my heart was thunder-bolting in my chest seeing the minute hand in the clock lunging forward.

I was ready and yet it felt like I was missing something. I heaved a breath, dreading any moment my father would barge in and tell me his plans got canceled or that it was just a test which I miserably failed-- putting Logan in danger too.

I shoved all the dangerous thoughts out the back door of my brain and I looked around my tidy room. I had some time before getting ready so I thought why not.

The bag I held was ponderous and holding it made my arm feel cramp-y immediately. But, somehow I managed the stairs and strolled downstairs. Once down, I sighed heavily.

I didn't know why farther left or what was it that he had to do but, I was glad. I was suddenly breathing better in this house. Better than since we moved in.

My father left this morning around eight and threatened the same warnings he always did. But, I was braver this time when I glared back at him and nodded firmly. His push had made me stumble down and my hand hit the table's leg rather roughly. Leaving an ugly bruise there.

A blackish-purple bruise was starting to form at the back of my hand now. I shook my head at my pathetic self and grabbed the box of spaghetti I prepared. I knew boys would be boys, so I'd prepared tons of it.

I grabbed the food bag, shoved the box in it and then locked the doors behind me, as I stepped out in icy cold. The weather here was only getting worse everyday. Sun was suddenly becoming a rare view here.

I padded for couple of minutes and then saw Logan's shiny black car. The moment he saw me, he walked out and rushed towards me, grabbing the bags from me.

I took a relieved breath at that.

"Sunshine." He smirked, eyeing me up and down. Then settling for my eyes.

I smiled, blushing. Ugh!

"Hi yourself." Damn! I was grinning like an idiot and I had to stop that. So I bit the inside of my cheek hard, refraining anymore awkward grins from me to him.

"We need some major grocery shopping. You won't mind if we stop by the store first?" He asked, smiling, as we walked to the car and settled inside. It was warm and nice and suddenly too comforting. Like I'd been doing this since ages not a month.

He handed me the coffee he brought and I shook my head at his stubbornness to bring something every single day.

I gulped the coffee, letting the hotness stream down my throat, "It's cool."

I added, as he stayed quiet. "I love grocery shopping anyway." His eyes were strained at the slightly slippery--from all the ice-- road. 

"Was that sarcasm I heard?" He bemused.

That made me laugh. I shook my head again, taking yet another sip. "No. I honestly do."

And it was the truth. Because I loved cooking and baking, I also loved handpicking ingredients for it. I liked going from aisle to aisle and throwing things in the bucket or my cart. It just was one of those things which were hard to explain.