Chapter Nine

**This is UNEDITED**

You have been warned ;)

Chapter Nine...

⚜️Logan⚜️

Imagine Dragon blasted in my room, shaking me up from my slumber. I groaned, pulling a pillow over my head but it was of no use. I eventually gave in, cursing profanities as I woke up and shut the alarm off. It was 4:30 am and almost dark outside, and not to mention that it felt as if I'd just slept in.

I was tired and exhausted-- my muscles were excruciating, and I needed nothing more than a good long hot shower and some strong coffee before practice could start.

Coach was riding our backs like a crazy bull-rodeo yesterday. He really wanted us to win this time. We'd been wining for over three years and he didn't want to change that. Neither did any of us.

But, before that I recalled that I had to call Abe. I picked my Iphone from my wooden bedside table and speed-dialed his number.

My room was dark with only slight bit of moonlight passing through the little gap between my grey curtains. My room was simple, nothing too flashy or fancy and I liked the way it was. Light grey walls, basketball posters lining the wall along with some basketball inspiring quotes.

I had all my trophies and certificates presented on the glass shelf which was just above my LED tv screen. I liked how mom and dad always let me decorate my room in whatever way I wanted it.

Just then a groan reached my ears. He'd finally picked my fourth call on the seventh bell. "Get your friking ass out of the bed now! Coach is going to kill both of us! It's way past six, asshole!" I shrieked, feigning dismay and worry.

My plan worked and I heard him fall off the bed and start panicking-- completely tearing off of his grogginess.

"Fuck! Shit! We're screwed. He's gonna kill me." And he was wide awake.

I smiled and relaxed. "Sorry due. Had to wake you. Pick you in fifteen." I chuckled and hung up but, not before hearing him loudly curse every colorful vocab he knew.

I took the hot shower, dressed in my usual jeans, a tight V neck t-shirt with my black leather jacket on top of it. I inhaled the material and smiled when her sweet scent filled my nose which still lingered somewhere on it. I didn't know why but I grabbed my mustard basketball warm hoodie and packed it in my bag.

I swear my heart had literally stopped when I saw how she looked in my jacket and just couldn't stop going further down the road and wondering how she'd look in my t-shirt? Hoodies? Sweatpants? Damn!

I had to stop otherwise I would need to run and take another shower but this time an ice cold one. Just the thought of it made me wince.

I packed my clean jersey with some books and stuffed them in my black shoulder bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen. Running a hand through my still dampened hair, I collapsed on the stool in front of the kitchen counter.

"Just two more minutes." Mom said, pointing two fingers up her head, without looking back at me. She was wearing her night tracks with her blonde hair made in a messy bun on top of her head.

I'd told her to stop getting up this early because of me but she just never listens to me.

Slowly groaning, I rolled my eyes at her back. "How do you always know it's me? C'mon! You have to share this magic trick with me. I'm your favorite child! It could've been Casey..." I whined, like a five year old.