Chapter Four

Abe isn't in this chapter but, I introduced him here anyway;)

Goal: 15 votes, 10 comments [Think you guys can manage? ;) ]

Chapter Four...

I should've known that my day could get worse than it already was. That the entire universe seemed to have something against me.

The clouds blared above me. It was almost dark and considering it was just four in the afternoon, I groaned to myself.

Why was Universe testing me so much today?

I didn't like hurting someone's feeling but I did anyway. Casey was genuinely one of those best friends type and if... only if I didn't have the life I had, I would have immediately became friends with her and even best friends.

I didn't like how I turned down Logan, affecting Abe in the process too.

I didn't mean to be the bad guy in the picture.

The wind howling around me was simply insane and I really felt my bones freezing inside my skin. I couldn't go home without getting hired or my farther could literally kill me.

When I trembled with cold, I hugged myself, trying to weave past tons and tons of students and their expensive cars in the parking. I walked out the entrance gate and stepped onto the sidewalk. It was a wet from the ice earlier on it and guess what?

I slipped.

The Universe just couldn't stay happy with half falls all day long.

Carefully standing up, I rubbed my numb fingers and slowly with careful steps started marching forward.

The clouds were dark grey, not letting a ray of light fall on the earth. It was suddenly as if it was middle of a night. But it wasn't. It was just four in the freaking afternoon.

This storm was bizarre and completely out of blue. Or I would've prepared myself for it. Not that I could have done much anyway.

I hadn't even taken ten steps in counting when I felt ice cold water shower upon me.

"Exactly what I needed!!" I muttered to myself, enveloping my fragile muscles even more. I was instantly quivering from head to toe. My teeth had-- against my will-- started to clatter.

I couldn't move. It was freezing cold and considering what I wore... I was definitely going to die from hypothermia in that moment. The drizzling of cold water got heavier by every single minute.

My teeth clattered together a little loudly, my clothes clung to me like second skin. I was afraid that if I moved a bone that it might break. That's how much frozen I felt.

Out of nowhere, I saw yellow headlights shadowing my side in the almost dark street.

I turned my head, squinting and struggling to look past the heavy shower of the god and the lights. It was long black car, I didn't know which brand, came to an abrupt halt beside me and Logan emerged out of the driver's seat.

What the hell's this guy doing?

Is he crazy?

My heart was drumming for a rock song in my chest and my stomach felt queasy.

"What the hell you think you're doing?" Logan scowled, repeating the words I felt the need to ask him, as he took long strides and grabbed my elbow, dragging me towards his car.