Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen...

"Oh my god!!" I was being twirled around by none other than Casey, in the middle of the Cafeteria. While everyone was probably watching, ogling to be precise, our little happy moment.

But, I didn't care. Not anymore anyway.

I laughed along with her. Her short ponytail bouncing with her. "What happened to make you this happy?!!!" I managed with my laughter.

"Didn't you hear? Amanda got suspended for two days. Yayayayay! My god! This day just keep on getting better Bree!"

I stopped moving.

What the?!

She stopped too, staring at me and slowly her grin wearing off of her beautiful face.

"Because of me?" I had to ask. Something pinched my heart.

Casey sat down and I beside her on our usual seats on the table with Vivian and Joseph, who were grinning at our happy moment. Then they shook their heads at us and munched on their food while talking about some party they went to last weekend.

"What happened...? I mean..." I trailed, not able to form sensible words.

She shrugged. "She pissed off Mrs. Calhoun. I don't know the whole story."

Vivian chimed in, animatedly, and explained. "After you guys left the party on Saturday. She got CRAZY. She threw the crown away and then cursed colorful words in the mic, spiting ugly things about everyone. Even Mrs. Calhoun."

I gasped in horror. She did not!

"Oh my god, it was hilarious." Vivian was having as much pleasure as Casey but I only felt bad.

"You guys heard too?" Logan and Abe came to the table with their trays. Logan was smiling and I was drooling.

Ugh!

Damn him!

He was wearing the black leather jacket again. I swear sometimes I felt as if he knew I loved watching him in it.

He smirked at me and I looked away, heat reaching my cheeks in seconds.

He sat beside me while greeting everyone. Casey had already started to narrate the entire OMG episode to Abe who was apparently clueless.

I jerked my attention back to Logan when his hand touched my chin. He turned my head, his eyes focused on my forehead.

"It's fading."

I swallowed hard and nodded. "It is."

"Does it hurt?" He traced his finger on it and I shuddered.

"No..." I spoke, almost breathlessly.

His eyes captivated me and I felt like I was falling. Falling and falling.

"Ehmmm.... There are kids here." Abe spoke pointing at Casey and Vivian, earning a smack from them. We snapped out our little bubble and straightened up, laughing.

Casey smacked Abe yet again. "Get lost asshole."

He laughed and then did the atrocious crime of stealing some of her fries.

God rest his soul in peace.

***

Rest of my day seemed to drag like any other. My stomach felt nice-- stuffed and all. The memory and pain of starving was slowly starting to fade.

I was alone in the bathroom. Casey was going to drop me to Carol's today. Apparently Logan and Abe had practice. So I asked Carol if I could use the extra shift. I must have sounded desperate because she agreed but, it seemed like she was more than eager and relieved herself.