Chapter Three

Casey is right in the media box.

Chapter Three...

Aubrey

God! I couldn't believe I'd already made almost an year's worth bumps and half falls in just a span of an hour.

Ugh!

I needed to stop bumping and especially getting each time saved by Logan. His presence was strangely comforting and it scared me. He was the strangest person till now. Not because he was awful or anything. But, complete opposite.

He didn't find disgust in me, though he did wince once, looking at me. So, maybe he too saw what other had in the school. And it shouldn't have bothered me, but I would be lying then.

I couldn't shake the feeling that he looked differently at me unlike others in the class. He needed to stop making me feel like that. I didn't want to cross him. It never ended good for me.

Every time our eyes locked I was the first one looking away-- almost forcing myself to. It felt strangely safe around him. But, that's just absurd.

He couldn't be that nice of a person-- everyone had flaws and they all tried to hide them under the persona of a good person. Everyone wants something when they be good to you. I recalled my mother's words. She always told me to beware of good people because they were the worst of all and could hurt more painfully than anyone else. Because, she used to say... 'Your daddy was one of the good people. And now you see his real face... he's the monster.'

Then, I wondered why Logan stood up for me? Why he helped me? What did he want from me?

I'd nothing to give him.

I took a look at my slip. A8. 'Now I'll have to find B8.'

"The bell is about to ring so, let me first tell you about the project and then you guys can carry on and find your partners." Mr. Hasting spoke loudly, ceasing the chatter in the room.

He continued once the whole class went silent. "Read 'Gone with the wind' thoroughly and write a summary in 5000 words together.. Not just that. Then, you'll also have to write a short story with the help of your partner. It could be of any genre. Fiction or non-fiction but, it have to have a love story that will give me goosebumps. Now, I'll let your minds do all the wonders which I know you guys are capable of." He quickly added, "And, I want the project at my table by the end of Christmas holidays, which leaves you all with two and half month. Get started seniors!" He cheered at the end with a wide smile and just then the bell rang.

Chair made screeching noises and chattering raised all around me. Students rushing around and yelling their numbers to find their partners.

I stood up to look around too when I suddenly looked down and saw Logan holding B10 in his hands, looking at his open notebook. I wondered just for a second what it could've felt like to be partnered with him. But, dismissed the thought quickly. I knew one thing. I had to stay away from him.

I also realized how most of the girls eyed him, especially this blonde with blue eyes and with perfect figure, hair, and clothes. She literally screamed perfection. I noticed her shooting daggers at me when Logan helped me. With that in check, I knew she was into him or maybe was his girlfriend?

I shrugged off the thoughts and gathered my stuff. I had to get to my next class.

Logan was undoubtedly the most handsome guy in the entire class-- maybe school, and kind. Which was not what I'd read in the books. Usually boys like him were rude and arrogant and players and were only into cheerleaders-- while once in a while falling for the nerd. And I was neither of those things.