Chapter 17

It had been forty-seven minutes. Forty-seven minutes and no word from Jeongin. Felix tried going to sleep, but he couldn't bring himself to close his eyes without knowing the truth. So instead, Felix tried doing schoolwork. There was a big project about "Happiness" due at the end of the month and he decided to get a head start on it. However, he couldn't bare to think about his own definition of happiness when he was anticipating this message so much. Whenever he could, he stared at the clock. Forty-eight minutes.

After exactly fifty-six minutes, Jeongin finally responded.

"I'm sorry for the late response and if you were anticipating an answer. Give me until the morning to search through my information. Again, so sorry."

Felix couldn't bring himself to be mad. Jeongin seemed really sweet, so Felix just accepted the answer, finally starting to feel himself get drowsy. He put away the school supplies and fell straight onto his bed.

-

Although Jeongin has morals, sometimes he hates sticking by them. Jeongin wants what's best for everyone, which is why he tries to see both sides of the situation before making a decision. However, when he receives questions this late at night, he just wants to tell both parties to screw off and go to sleep. Instead, he tries to help them both.

Jeongin had gotten many questions throughout his school experience and for every single situation, he did proper research on both sides. The only case he did research on one side only was Hyunjin and Seungmin's relationship. He knows their relationship since he's been around for it, learning things firsthand. All he needed to do in those cases was finding out why their relationship affected the strangers.

He needed to understand the situation completely before making his decision. He could half-ass the work he puts into it but, not only do people anticipate accurate information, he also wants to do the right thing by not lying.

Looking at the last text Jisung sent, Jeongin sighed.

"Don't tell him anything."

He ran a lazy hand down his face as he proceeded to look through his information on people. He didn't exactly remember who Lee Felix was, and honestly, he was having a tough time finding his name. Was there a person he had no information on?

Jeongin vaguely remembered Han Jisung. He was the one asking about Seungmin's relationship earlier today, the one that's dating Minho. Jeongin could make a list on things he had about this guy.

After a few long minutes of reading through his files, he found Lee Felix. There was barely information here, but he certainly found some. Jeongin remembered him now. The Austrian who moved here not too long ago, living with Bang Chan.

As Jeongin skimmed the information he had, he found something slightly shocking in Felix's biography section.

'Best friends with Han Jisung.'

Jeongin was completely confused as he tried to piece together this puzzle. Jisung kept his relationship hidden from his best friend. That's not anything new, Jeongin had seen these cases before. He had witnessed so many to conclude that almost every single person who keeps a secret from their best friend is acting cowardly. There's probably no real reason to keeping the secret.

Jeongin felt bad for Felix, almost inclined to tell him the truth before deciding it was too late to be jumping to conclusions. He was tired and didn't want to deal with this situation right now. He sent a quick text to Jisung before going to sleep.

"Tell me why this is a secret and I might keep my mouth shut."

-

Felix was late again. He practically flew out of his bed seeing that he only had half an hour before his first class started. Running around the house to put on his clothes, toast some bread, and try to find his damn backpack that he could've sworn he had next to his desk. He was working on a school project last night, how could his backpack just disappear?

After finally finding all the necessities and grabbing his toast, Felix ran out of the house.

He always felt bad whenever he was late, but sometimes he can't help it. He loves sleep too much. Felix likes to believe he has a special relationship with his bed that no one could get between, not even the fridge.

Arriving at his first class just a couple minutes late, Felix entered the classroom. Again, the teacher just waved him off to a seat and Felix looked at his options. There was his usual seat next to Jisung, who seemed to be on his phone, unaware of his surroundings. Felix decided he had no reason to speak to his best friend before everything is sorted out.

An available seat was in the back corner of the classroom. A group of girls surrounding it as they gossiped about boys they liked and girls they hated. Felix scrunched his nose in disgust, looking at another option.

The last seat free was next to Changbin. Upon seeing that, Felix didn't need to think twice about his decision, and made his way to the girls. He knew Changbin was sick of him so he simply won't bother befriending the boy. It would be Felix's best option to just avoid him.

The girls talking annoyed Felix to no end, but it seemed like it was the best option amongst the three he had. He quietly took out his notebook and began writing down notes.

About halfway through the lesson, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Felix swiftly slid it out and opened the message.

"His name is Lee Minho."