Chapter 6

Finally, the bell for lunch rang. Jisung quickly gathered up his stuff and left the room. He quickly made his way to the back doors and waited for the mystery person who texted him to arrive.

Changbin started following Jisung, but lost sight of him in the hallway. Eventually he gave up and walked to the cafeteria. After getting his lunch, he found a seat at an empty table. Glancing around, he tried to find Felix, but failed. Does he eat somewhere else during lunch? Did he go to the new sandwich shop he mentioned while texting Jisung?

Jisung pulled out his phone and checked the time. It was five minutes after the bell rang. Students that were leaving to go get lunch were already waking across the street.

A small black car pulled into the parking lot. The person in the car looked around to see who he was looking for. Once he found him, he smiled softly. He honked his horn to get his attention.

Jisung jumped at the sudden loud noise. He looked around and saw the familiar car. He quickly walked to the car and got in on the passenger side.

"You got here quickly," Jisung said while putting on his seatbelt. The driver started the car and pulled out of the parking spot. Jisung looked over at him and smiled. Sitting next to him was his boyfriend Minho.

"Of course. It's lunch time and I'm hungry," Minho said. "Speaking of lunch, where would you like to eat?"

Jisung smiled brightly. "There's a new café that just opened downtown. I heard they have really good bread bowls."

Minho pulled onto main street and started heading downtown. "Sounds good." After that, the short car ride went silent.

Jisung stared out the window watching the different buildings pass by. Even though he's lived in the same city his whole life, he still enjoyed looking at all the different scenery.

The radio was on playing softly in the background. When a song Minho liked came on, he would sing along to it while tapping the rhythm on the steering wheel.

Finally, they arrived at the café. Jisung and Minho got out of the car and walked in. The only other person there was a teenager reading a book. He wasn't paying much attention to anything or anyone. He only looked up from his book when the bell sounded saying someone entered the building.

Minho and Jisung walked up to the front counter and ordered. Jisung got a bread bowl and orange soda, while Minho got a caesar salad and a water. After ordering, they sat down at a table by the windows.

They made small talk as they waited for their food. The couple mainly talked about what they did today.

"So Seungmin isn't at school today?" Minho asked as he took the last bite from his salad, noticeably concerned for his best friend. Despite being younger, Seungmin was very dear to Minho. Since Minho graduated, he hadn't been able to keep in much contact with Seungmin.

Jisung shrugged, taking Minho's free hand into his own, "I saw him before heading to my first class. He said he and Hyunjin were doing something."

Minho knew about Hyunjin, that's for sure. He met him a few times before graduating but it wasn't until Minho left when Seungmin and Hyunjin became close. He wasn't sure what to make of it, since he didn't know Hyunjin that well. Knowing Minho's concern, Jisung took it into his own hands to make sure Seungmin was okay and that he's in good hands. Minho couldn't be more grateful towards his boyfriend.

"I think Hyunjin's a bad influence," Minho mumbled, intertwining their fingers. It wasn't every day he showed concern or affection for others; Seungmin and Jisung were the only exceptions, "Do you think they're dating?"

Jisung chuckled, playing with Minho's fingers, "That's one of the biggest mysteries at our school. They claim to just be really good friends but it's hard to tell."

Seungmin and Hyunjin are a hot topic around school. You either love their relationship or hate it, but in reality, no one really knows what exactly their relationship is. If you ask them, they'll just say that they're good friends. But the way they act together makes everyone question whether they're telling the truth or not.

Minho liked to know what was happening with his friend. The confusion of Seungmin's relationship with Hyunjin didn't set well in Minho's stomach. He didn't care if they were dating or not, he just wanted to know the truth.

Jisung knew Minho was worried and did his best to reassure him, "I'll be sure to figure out the truth for you, Minho." Jisung wasn't sure exactly how he was going to do that, but if it was for Minho, he'd find a way.

"You really don't need to go out of your way to do this," Minho smiled. He knew Jisung would do it anyway, that's just his personality. Sometimes Minho wished Jisung would do more things for himself rather than for others.

But since Jisung doesn't do things for himself that often, it's up to Minho to give Jisung everything he wants, and Minho was happy to do so.

After waiting for the "best sandwiches in the world", or so they claim, Felix decided to take it to-go and head back to school. He figured Jisung might be hungry after his test and decided to buy him one as well.

Entering the school, he saw people crowding the hallways, almost everyone finished with their lunches. Felix made his way to the cafeteria and immediately noticed an isolated black figure in the corner of the room. Without a second thought, Felix walked towards it.

"Changbin," he greeted, granting himself the seat in front of him, not asking if it was taken. Changbin jumped a little in surprise at the sudden appearance of the blonde. Changbin noticed the bag Felix was carrying. 'So he did go to the sandwich place..'

"What do you want?" Changbin spat rudely, already knowing Felix wouldn't be offended by his tone.

"You seemed lonely. I needed somewhere to eat my sandwich. Here I am," Felix spoke as he took his sandwich out of the bag.

Changbin noticed something strange, "You have two sandwiches?"

Felix nodded, "The other one is for Jisung. He might be hungry after taking his test, so I bought it for him."

Although Changbin knew the truth, he didn't say anything. He didn't want Felix to be upset at the fact his friend ditched him. As of now, Changbin certainly does not like Jisung. The fact that he lied to Felix was frustrating in its own, so Changbin only hoped that Jisung would appreciate the sandwich when he gets it.

"I'm sure he'll be glad to have it," Changbin mumbled, poking at the barely edible school lunch in front of him. Maybe he should've went to the new sandwich shop too.

"He better. I'm not made out of money," Felix responded, pulling out his cellphone and shooting a quick text to Jisung. Changbin eyed the sandwich in the bag.

Jisung doesn't deserve that sandwich.