Chapter 2

Being awoken when you don't want to wake up is one of the worst things you can do to someone. You should be able to wake up when your body wants you to. Who are you to tell yourself how much sleep you should be getting? Shouldn't your own body be deciding these things?

Back facing the classroom, their teacher began scribbling facts that were supposedly going to be on the upcoming test with one hand while scratching her irritated neck with the other. Letting out an annoyed sigh, she turned towards the students as her hand fell to her side. She scanned the room, studying each student as she re-adjusted her thin glasses. Her eyes narrowed, suddenly spotting her next victim.

A certain student had stood out amongst the rest since he arrived in the classroom, and now, she wasn't going to let things go easily. Knowing her authority over the novice, she glided toward him with ease. An over-confident smirk crawled its way into her face, beginning to feel somewhat egotistical compared to the student. She cowered over the youngling, spotting an opportunity to humiliate him.

The teacher quickly slammed her hand down on the hard-covered book resting on the students desk, making the young one shoot up in astonishment. His dark orbs were hooded, examining his surroundings before slowly trailing up the elder, making him suddenly flinch away in embarrassment. He reclined himself to access a better view of the superior individual, wiping away the light drool stain that ran down his cheek to his jaw.

The teacher grinned evilly, "Seo Changbin, could you answer the question I just asked?" She hadn't asked a question prior to this situation, she was simply just enjoying the humiliation of the student.

Although the teacher claims she doesn't tolerate sleeping in her class, she allowed a certain student near the window to sleep peacefully. That is, until he also heard the loud slam.

She looked over to one of her favorite students, Lee Felix, feeling apologetic for waking him up suddenly. Some teachers like to say they don't pick favorites in classes, however, much like many of the students, everyone has a soft spot for Felix. Her eyes trailed back to the victim in front of her folding her arms smugly as she took a step back.

The student bit his lip in discomfort, glancing around to the strangers around him, in hopes that someone will help him out with the difficult situation he was in. Each student avoided his gaze, beginning to whisper amongst each other or simply just ignoring him. His eyes begin to dart around the room, as if the walls would have the answer plastered somewhere on them. He made the conclusion that this particular mentor was just plain ruthless as his palms began to sweat, his breathing quickening ever so slightly. However, he had an image to maintain.

He gulped down the tacky saliva that gathered in his throat and looked up determinedly, "As I was asleep, I obviously didn't hear the question." It took great courage to disrespect his elders, and due to his groggy mindset, he wasn't sure if he was making the right decision by doing so.

The teacher bared her teeth aggressively at the boy, seeming to have steam coming out of her ears, "What was that?" Changbin realized the choice he made was the wrong one because as of now, he's scared of what's to come.

"Um, excuse me?" a soft, deep voice called out from the side of the classroom. It was as if some sort of God answered Changbin's unspoken prayers, washing the boy with relief as he finally let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

The teacher snapped her eyes over to the one who spoke, her face instantly softening and a smile taking over her face. Changbin was confused, where did that come from? She went from hell to heaven in 0.2 seconds.

"What is it, Felix?" the teacher asked, kindly. She saw Jisung poking his head out from behind Felix, rolling his eyes in annoyance, making the side of the teacher's mouth twitch in irritation.

"I think, um..." Felix started, getting uncomfortable with all the stares at him. Changbin noticed every student had their full undivided attention on this boy, as if he actually was some sort of God. Changbin scoffed, already growing a disliking to the boy. A teacher's pet and a heartthrob to the students, Changbin already knew he would not like to associate himself with someone like that.

"I was asleep as well. Do you think you can repeat the question so Changbin and I could both answer it? It's only fair that way.." Felix spoke, trying his best to seem confident in his words. Although his nervousness did match his face, his deep voice certainly did not. Changbin guessed that's what made him so charming amongst the school.

It seemed this boy had the teacher wrapped around his figure because the next thing Changbin knew, the teacher was already off his case about answering the stupid question and back to writing on the board.

Changbin looked toward the student that saved him from further humiliation. The boy looked soft, seeming to be getting teased by the student beside him. Changbin shrugged and began tapping his pencil on the desk, growing uninterested in the duo.