Chapter 25

Chapter 25

-

-

-

<Selena's POV>

I sat there in the waiting room with my elbows on my knees and my face buried in my hands. I was crying so hard. I've been crying for the last hour that I've been sitting in the waiting room.

Doctors had rushed into Justin's room a couple seconds after I had pushed the help button and then basically pushed me out of the room and told me to go wait in the waiting room. I don't know if Justin is okay or not because I haven't seen any of the doctors walk by.

I was scared to hear what the doctors had to say about Justin's condition. I was starting to wonder if Justin was ever going to be okay.

I sit up in my seat and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

Incase you're wondering where Demi was, she's at the cafeteria getting something to eat. She wasn't even worried or scared about what was happening to Justin. She doesn't even act like the Demi I used to know. The one I used to be best friends with.

I don't care how mad Demi gets, or upset, but after Justin gets out of the hospital and all, I'm staying with him. I'm not going to ever choose Demi over Justin again.

I sniffle as I see Demi start to walk back from the cafeteria. When Demi gets to me, she sits down in the chair next to me.

"Any word on how the asshole is doing?" Demi asks, not having any emotion in her voice.

Who was this girl? This wasn't Demi. The Demi I used to know worried and cared about everyone around her, no matter if she liked that person or not.

I turn and give her the I-don't-believe-you look. "What?" she says.

"You know, I was waiting until Justin would get out of the hospital to tell you this, but I'm so done with you. I don't want you to be my friend anymore, or Taylor. I don't care how upset or mad you get at me for saying this cause I could really care less," I pause as I stand up seat and wipe away some of my tears. "I love Justin. And if you can't see that, and see that I'm happy with him, and you want me to stay away from him? What's the use of having you as a friend?"

Demi just stares at me, probably not knowing what to say.

"Selena, I-" I quickly cut her off. "I think it's time for you to leave, since you don't even care if Justin is okay or not." I say.

Demi stands up from her seat, tears forming in her eyes. She goes to say something but, again, I cut her off.

"Leave, Demi. Just leave."

She barely nods her head before she grabs her purse and quickly walks away, a tear slipping down her cheek as she turned away from me. I felt more tears start to fall down my face.

I couldn't believe what just happened. What I had just done. But, I have to realize it's for the best.

"Selena?" I hear someone say.

I turn around and see the doctor. I take in a breath before I walk over to him.

"How is he?" I ask, nervously.

What if he tells me that he didn't make it? That he died? What if there's something seriously wrong with him?

I was scared, no. More like terrified to hear what the doctor had to say.

The doctor looks me in the eyes and inhales deeply before clear long his throat.

"He's fine....for now, at least." the doctor finally says.