Chapter 21

Chapter 21
-
-
-
I stand there, trying to think of words to say. I couldn't speak.

"Earth to Selena!" Demi says as she waves her hand in front of my face.

"U-uh," I stutter. "What are you doing here?" That's all I could think of to say to her.

"I wanted to figure out what the hell was going on." Demi says as she walks inside the house, bumping shoulders with Justin which makes him stumble backwards a little.

"There's n-nothing going on." I say.

I'm such a bad liar. It's obvious that there's something going on. There's no way I can hide it now.

"Oh, really? There isn't?" Demi asks, raising an eyebrow.

I nod my head.

"Then explain to me why you left with douchebag, over here, last night and came here to his house. And the reason why you're wearing his shirt."

I look down and look at my twirling thumbs.

"Justin...he just wanted to explain something to me." I say.

"And what did he want to explain to you?" Demi asks, her arms now crossed against her chest.

I don't want to tell her what it was really about, but what else do I say?

"It was about why I've been wanting to take her to the club so much the last week." Justin chimes in, saving me.

I look at him and give him a small smile, but he doesn't pay any mind to me.

"Why have you been wanting to take her to the club so much lately anyways?" she asks.

"I'm not going to explain it to you too, so forget about it." Justin snaps.

"Wait," she says, completely ignoring how Justin just snapped at her. "Why would you have to bring her here to your house to explain it? You could have easily just talked to her at my house, if I would have letted you."

Ugh, why was Demi so good at noticing these tiny little details.

"Cause I wanted it to be more private when I talked to her." Justin says.

He was good at lying on the spot.

Demi gives him a I-don't-believe-you-look before she turns her attention back to me, who has been standing her quietly, wishing she would just leave.

"Okay, now explain you wearing Justin's clothes." Demi asks me.

I gulp. How do I explain this?

"Um, well," I don't know what to say.

"When she was over-" Justin starts to say but Demi cuts him off. "No, I want to hear what Selena has to say." she says.

Great.

"I came over here and," I trailed off a little, trying to think of something to say. "And after Justin had got done explaining to me why he's been wanting to take me to the club and all the past week, he offered me to stay over and have dinner with him. So I agreed to stay. We had spaghetti. But, when I was taking a bite, the spaghetti fell off my fork and on my clothes. So Justin gave me one of his shirts to wear for the night."

I looked at Justin and he had a small smile on his face, probably thinking the same thing as me; that was a good lie to make up right on the spot.

"But why would you stay here all night?" Demi asks.

Can she stop with all the questions now? She's acting like she's my mom.

"Justin was too tired to drive me back to your house so I stayed here over night." I lie.