•0.6•

"Yellow car," I call, leaned against a wall covered in graffiti.

Teddy elbows me playfully as we watch cars drive by. "Black car," He says, continuing the game we'd been playing for the past couple minutes.

I was bored out of my mind at this point. Games can only ever get so far, so I turn to face his chiseled features. Teddy was flawless looking. Perfect jaw, cheeks, dusty blonde hair, a deep voice that could easily haunt my nightmares, it was unfair to be in his presence.

"I'm sorry about the other night," I sigh as he takes my hand in his. It was a soft and gentle movement as he pressed his lips on the back of my hand.

"Mena, don't worry about it too much. You're too cute to worry. Family is important and I love that that's why you didn't make it."

I smile, leaning up and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. It wasn't a miraculous kiss that lead to spontaneous fireworks, but it wasn't awful. He was a fantastic kisser, but my heart was just not in the right place right now.

"I'm still sorry," I whisper as he rests his forehead on mine. He rested his free hand on my upper thigh before pressing another soft kiss to my lips.

"How about you show me how sorry you are?" He growls in my ear sexually which heightens my heart rate. I wasn't ready for sex, or fucking, or even messing around. Whatever Teddy expected from me, he wouldn't get. Not right now at least.

I was about to neglect his offer before my phone lit up beside me, ultimately dooming me from inevitable rejection myself. Surely he'd end things then and there if I don't put out for him.

I hold out a finger and answer the call. "Hello?" I ask, despite knowing who had called me.

"Alright. So, I'm proposing Rosalind's take out and a million romance movies so we can hear all about Teddy."

My heart skipped a beat because I hadn't been with my girls for a while. Well, I had but it's been too long.

"Right, sorry mom. I'll be home soon. Let me know how Ash is doing," I effortlessly lie to both Orie and Teddy. Oops?

"Um, mom? What the fu-"

I cut Orie off by hanging up. "Sorry. Ash fell on the pavement and got a pretty bad cut. They're worried he may uh need stitches." I say to Teddy, the lie flying off my tongue like I'd rehearsed it a million times.

"It's fine. I'll text you," He smiles, standing f up with an offering hand. Once my feet were on the pavement, he pressed a sweet kiss to my lips before parting ways.

•———•

"So, what's he like?" Ken asks as we park in Rosalind's to pick up our orders from Rosalind's. I offered to retrieve them on my way over, but they wanted to spend as much time together as possible. You never know when your friends will leave you and that's something I'll never be able to imagine.

I let out a sigh as I pull open the glass front door of my favorite restaurant. "He's sweet, attractive, good kisser-"

"Awe, are you talking about me, Mean Mena?" Finn interrupts as his hand crosses his chest to attempt what I assume to be his own heart flattered.

I push his forehead backwards causing him to effortlessly pout and damn does it shit his features. "I believe if I was talking about you, I'd say you were impeccably hideous and all around a terrible and sloppy kisser," I tease, ignoring the tension behind me because when I'm with Finn, the entire world melts away and leaves us to ourselves. I shouldn't feel that way considering I'm kind of dating Teddy? Even though things aren't exclusive but still.

"Not what you were saying in between the sheets," he winks seductively which causes a blush to most definitely color my cheeks. He laughs lightly while lowering his head down to the counter. "So, I'm assuming your order is the one with the predictable sandwich of Mena Grace?" He asks playfully as though his last comment had no effect of either of us. Well, I can only speak for myself when I say, I'm fucked. And not in the good way.

"Yeah, yeah. Just give me the damn food," I groan, extending my hand for the bag he was currently grabbing from  below himself.

"Such cruelty. How is Ash doing?"

I shrug, taking the bag from his hands. "He's adjusting. I don't expect him to fit right in to North Side without feeling off. His accent though, sounds just like Niall. But thanks for asking."

He nods, looking past me to my two friends who were curious expressions that were too judgmental as it is. I sigh, grabbing money from my pocket to pay. It was my treat after all seeing as I hadn't made time for them all that much.

"No. Don't worry about it, Mena. It's on the house. Besides, I put a little something extra in there for you," His wink throws me off but Is tans my ground because I don't need a man to pay my way.

"No, Finn. Really, I can pay for it myself." I state in a factly tone that probably didn't match the thankful expression I had in my eyes. What did I ever do to deserve him? No, what did I ever do to lose him? Nothing. My guard can't be dropped. Not now, not ever.

"No, Philomena. I already took care of it. Just go have your little sleepover where you have pillow-fights in your underwear. Text me some pic while your at it," and there is the cocky, disgrace of a boy that I know and..care for?

Ken grips my elbow and leads me from the front counter. He won this round, but I'll get him next time.

"So uh, what was that about?" Ken asks, making me turn to her as we all pile into my car.

I groan, slamming my head against the back of the driver's side. "I'll tell you when I figure it out. Or once we're out of eyesight of Finn Quinton."

Orie nods, reaching into the bag and pulling out her food. "I expect a full report as soon as possible," she says before shoving her food furiously into her mouth.

"Roger that."

•———•

Tomorrow is literally my last day.

This is a shitty chapter I apologize I'm trying to get consistent I'm just getting bored but I won't stop because Climax King gives me a will to live. But here it is so enjoy? I dunno

Go check out my other works:

•Summer Sex
&
•2,213.3 Miles Away