Task No. 3 leads to Summer- Chapter Nineteen

Maddy’s POV

 A few weeks since the 2nd Task…

Today was the day of the 3rd Task and boy was I scared as hell for Harry. Loud music played in the stands and the champions’ parents were present for this momentous event.
“Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory and Mr Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum...

The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter; if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round”, Dumbledore announced.
All the contestants gather around Dumbledore while he instructs them what to do. Filch lit the cannon and the wrong time and when Dumbledore counted down it went off at two instead of three. Harry and Cedric went off into the dark and mysterious hedges.

“I’m really scared for Harry”, I whispered to Hermione and Ron. They nodded in agreement and started cheering. I started to cheer as well before suddenly feeling a hand cover my mouth and dragging me away from the grand stands without anyone noticing. I blacked out…

~*~

I opened my eyes to see Professor Moody.
“Professor, what’s going on?” I asked in a weak voice.
“Don’t worry about it”, he grumbled. I nodded in response and looked around. I was in his office. He shook his flask of… I really don’t know some unknown substance? Anyway, he shook his flask and smiled before taking a sip. Curiosity overcame me.
“What’s in the flask?” I questioned.
“What? Oh, it’s filling with, uh, a potion”, he replied as I bead of sweat dripped down his face. He had a bizarre look and I stared intently at him.
“What sort of potion?” I asked.
“Potter’s always seem to be curious”, he stated, “You’re exactly like your brother”.
“Yeah, whatever. He’s braver than I am”, I said with a roll of the eyes.
“Are you sure?” he questioned. I nodded.
“I wonder who put his name in the cup”, I stated randomly.
“I know…” He trailed off.
“Who?!” I yelled.
“I did”, he yelled back at me. I suddenly just angry.

“Why on the entirety of the Earth would you do that?” I asked.
“Because he defeated the Dark Lord and the Dark Lord wants revenge”, he reasoned.
“You support Voldemort?” I questioned which caused him to wince at the name.
“Oh come on! You’re scared because of a name! Grow up. I’m a teenager and I can say his name without fearing it”, I said with annoyance.
“His name does not wish to be said”, he said as he suddenly grabbed his wrist as though it was hurting. He turned around and lifted his sleeve discreetly. I leaned over to see the Dark Mark.
“You’re not Mad-eye Moody!” I protested.
“Sure I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” he questioned.
“Because Mad-eye doesn’t support Voldey Mouldy and doesn’t have a dark mark”, I declared.
“You’re such a smart little girl. You’re right. I’m not him. I’m someone else. The Hunter family was very sad to see you go. You would’ve made such a fantastic Death Eater”, he said.
“No”, was all that I said.
“Is he back?” I asked simply before getting up from my seat.
“He shall rise again tonight”, he responded. He dragged me back to the grand stands and whispered in my ear, “As far as you’re concerned, I’m Mad-eye Moody. You better keep that a bloody secret or I’ll put you under the Imperious Curse. Am I clear?”
I nodded.

~*~

“Where were you?” My boyfriend asked.
“Nowhere”, I stated blankly.