Inappropriate Boyfriends- Chapter Twenty-Six

Today was the first DA meeting. We had established the Room of Requirement as our base. It was safe and hidden from people like Umbridge. The majority of the group were Gryffindors but there was a few Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs as well. 

"Are you excited?" Ginny asked me. All of us girls were congregated on one side of the grand, mirrored room.
"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I asked with slight confusion.
She shrugged. "You seem a little distracted. It's because because of my brother, is it?"
"What... No!" I lied. To be quite frank, it was because of Fred. It was all of his fault.  

Flashback to earlier that morning...

I was sitting down in the early hours of the morning in the Common Room. I was excited for the meeting today. The weather was getting cooler so I moved closer to the fire. 
"Why, my dear are you up ever so early?" Fred's voice rang. I turned to see him sat next to me. 
"I could ask you the same question", I replied with a smirk. 

"Well, you see, I couldn't sleep. I had a dream about you. T'was... interesting", he said with a wink. I instantly knew what he was implying so I punched him in the arm. It wasn't a hard punch, nor was it soft. 
"Shut up", I spoke. "I'm up because I'm excited for today".

"Or maybe you're just excited to see me", he said with another wink. 

"What's wrong with you this morning?" I questioned with a laugh. 

"I've got something to tell you", he stated, out of the blue. 

"What is it?"
"I'm not an Animagus", he stated, causing me to be confused. "But sometimes I can be a real animal". 
I cringed at his joke. His dream must have unleashed this unusual side of him. He was a teenage boy though. There was nothing I could really do. 
"Good job", I replied with clear sarcasm. 
"I've got more". 
"Fine, let's hear 'em then". 

"You don't even need to say Lumos Maxima to turn me on".
"That was terrible!" I exclaimed. 
"You know, together we could make the Shrieking Shack worthy of it's name", he tried again. 

"That was better but none of these are good!"

Back to present...

Ever since then, he'd walk up to me and whisper a dirty joke in my ear, even if it were in front of other people. I looked over at Fred, who I knew was looking at me. I could feel it. His lips curved into a smirk and he sent me another wink. I blushed and looked away. His smirk grew wider as he immediately knew that I was thinking about his vulgar attitude this morning. 

"Okay, gather around everyone", Harry spoke aloud, causing everyone to combine into one large group. I stood next to Fred who had placed his hand on my hip, pulling me closer to him. "As you all know, we've formed this group in order to learn to proper defensive skill for if you come into contact with Voldemort or his death eaters. I've managed to defeat him before, but that was pure luck and by the help of others around me. If you're cornered by death eaters, or even Voldemort, you need to be able to have the ability to perform these spells"
"As Umbridge and the Ministry aren't teaching us defensive spells and how to use them, we needed an alternative. If not, we're better off dead". 

"Harry", I spoke. "I know you say that it's luck, but you're a far more powerful wizard than you'll have yourself believe". 

"Yeah!" Everyone else cheered. 
"Thank you, guys. Now, let's start with disarming spells". 

We had ourselves in partners, disarming each other. I joined up with Fred, obviously. 
"Ladies first", Fred offered. I smiled and point my wand in his direction. 

"Expelliarmus" I projected as I flourished my wand. Fred's wand flew out of his wand and he tumbled backwards slightly. 
"Good job, Maddy", Harry said as he walked past. 
"Thanks, Harry", I said before directing my attention back to Fred. "You're turn, honey". 
"Expelliarmus!" he yelled, but nothing happened. 
"You're not holding your wand right. Loosen up your wrist a little". 
He tried again and successfully managed to disarm me. 

We continued going back and forth disarming each other and before we knew it, the lesson was over. 
"Thanks for the class, brother", I said, squeezing his shoulder softly before walking away with Fred. We headed back to the Common Room. I rushed up to my dormitory, leaving Fred sitting on a couch. I grabbed my potions homework and ran back down. Snape had gotten us to write a two foot essay on a few potions we had brewed over the past few classes and I had a little bit left to complete. I felt sorry for Professor Snape. He also seemed so sad and lonely. I often wondered if he had been born this way, or if he had slowly become this horrid a person. 

I started writing were I had left off, making sure my writing was as perfect and readable as could be. The better it was presented, the better of an achievement I would have gotten. I had learned that over my years at Hogwarts. Presentation was not on the marking criteria but it had made some effects on her grades over the past few years. It wasn't very long until I had managed to finish my incredibly long homework. It measured to be two and a half feet long, longer than Snape had requested. 

"You're always such a goody two-shoes, getting your homework done on time", Fred commented as I had put down my quill and rolled up my parchment. I placed it in my bag, which I had also brought down from my dorm and then sat next to Fred. 

"Well, I want to get good grades so I can get a valuable job which contributes to the wizarding society and brings in a good income", I replied with a grin, imagining my picturesque future. 

"Yes, but you always seem to make time for me", he grinned. I looked into his eyes and leaned in to kiss him. Our lips touched and I pulled back. 
"You're not being inappropriate, like this morning", I giggled. 
"I thought about saving it for when we're alone", he replied with an innocent smile, but the both of us knew that he was far from innocent. 

~*~

Author's note

Hey guys,

Hope you liked this chapter. 

Alan Rickman died... I'm in tears. I'll do a formal Author's note about it as the next chapter. 

I'm seriously in shock. Both David Bowie and Alan Rickman died this week, both 69 and both with cancer. What an odd occurrence? 

Update soon. 

xxx. 

~MadGirl