32. The Inevitability of Death

Maddy's Point of View

So here I stood, my adopted father's hands on my body, holding me to his own body in order to stop me from escaping. I struggled against his grip but he poked his wand harder into the skin on my neck causing me to gasp for breath. It felt as though he was slowly cutting off my breathing but to stop him from doing so, I attempted to elbow him in the stomach, but alas, no luck. He was about twice my size and was incredibly strong.

As I looked down at my dear brother, I saw Lucius Malfoy slowly approaching him with a smirk plastered across his smug face.
"Did you actually believe or were you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?" Lucius asked Harry with a chuckle. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now or watch your friends die."
Harry seemed to look around the room at all of us, his friends. It was obvious that he had a moment of conflict. He wanted to give up the prophecy to save his beloved friends, but he didn't want to give Voldemort the pleasure of giving up the prophecy.

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" Neville yelled out from Bellatrix's clutch.
"Be the bigger person," I added, feeling all big sisterly.
"Shut your mouth, you little bitch," Augustus muttered in my ear, tightening his grip around me.
"Make me," I replied bitterly.
He tightened his grip once more, causing my arms to almost immediately begin to bruise. Pain radiated through my body from his tight grip.

"Get away from my godson," Sirius' voice rang all of a sudden.
A smile spread across my face as I saw him. Of course the Order would come to save the day and I was damn glad that they did.
Before any of us knew it, a battle erupted between the light and the dark; the order and the Death Eaters. I broke free from Augustus' deathly grip and ran as far away from his as I could. I began to fire spells out at death eaters, burning through all of my rage that had been built up from Augustus. I soon made it to the middle where Sirius was urging Harry to leave.
"Maddy, what are you doing?" Harry yelled. "Get out of here!"
"No, Harry. I'm going to help," I replied sternly.
"You're going to get yourself killed," he said harshly.
"Maddy, it's best if you leave," Sirius added.
"I'm sorry Harry, Sirius, but you need all of the help you can get," I answered before yelling "Stupefy!" at an oncoming death eater.

"Expelliarmus!" Harry yelled and successfully disarmed Lucius.
"Nice one, James!' Sirius replied and in that instance my heart broke. Harry and I made brief, saddened eye contact but that was soon interrupted.

"Avada Kedavra!" Bellatrix's voice rang, hitting Sirius and in that moment, my heart stopped.
His body fell back into the arch and soon his body disappeared. Harry and I looked at each other in disbelief. I immediately fell to the ground in tears. Harry burst out into tears as well, but Remus grabbed him. Remus was exceptionally calm considering his best friend just died. Soon enough, Harry ran after Bellatrix leaving Remus on his lonesome.

"Remus, I'm so sorry," I said in tears, bringing him into a hug. "I am so incredibly sorry."
"I'm sorry too," he said calmly, attempting to compose himself. The hurt that he felt radiated off of him. We continued to be in each others embrace.
"I've got to go after, Harry," I said to Remus, taking a step back out of his embrace.
"Maddy, you can't. It's dangerous," he replied.
"I know and I'm sorry but he's my brother," I said with a small smile.
With a sigh, Remus replied, "As your godfather, I give you permission to go after him."
"Thank you, Remus," I answered. "I couldn't have asked for a better godfather."

~*~

By the time I arrived to where Harry was, Voldemort was there.
"So weak," he said to Harry as he disarmed him.
"Oh and I see young Maddy has joined us," Voldemort's voice rang. "You would have made a good Death Eater. You're loyal. You could have been by my side. You possess great power, Maddy, more than you know."
"Voldemort," I muttered.
"I do believe that not too long ago you were calling me the Dark Lord. Oh, how the times have changed."

Suddenly Dumbledore came through the floo network into the main entrance of the Ministry of Magic.
"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom. The aurors are on their way," Dumbledore stated.
"By which time I shall be gone and you shall be dead," Voldemort replied with a smile.
Both Harry and I were suddenly forced out of the way when both Dumbledore and Voldemort cast their spells. I grabbed tightly onto Harry. Voldemort's spell caused fire which was soon destroyed by Dumbeldore's water. The fight continued and within a matter of seconds, glass was everywhere. It was a horrendous fight but it was safe to say that Dumbledore was victorious in this instance. Despite my many doubts, it was almost obvious that Dumbledore was going to win the battle. The good guys always emerge victorious.

Voldemort disappeared and suddenly Harry fell to the floor in pain. I grasped onto Dumbledore's arm in fright.
"You've lost old man," Harry said in a Voldemort like manner.
"Harry?" Dumbledore asked. "Harry, it isn't how you are alike. It is how you are not."
"Harry?" I asked in a soft, shaky voice.
"You're the weak one and you'll never know love or friendship," Harry said, directing his tone to Voldemort. "And I feel sorry for you."

Suddenly Voldemort seemed to have left Harry's body and stood, looking over him.
"You're a fool, Harry Potter and you will lose everything," he spoke. "And Maddy, you will be back on the dark side eventually. Just you wait."
A bunch of auroras, the Minister of Magic and other colleagues of his entered the premise.
"He's back," Fudge said in disbelief.
Suddenly Voldemort left.

~*~

I sat on the common room couch in sorrow. 
"Maddy, are you okay?" Hermione and Ginny asked, taking a seat next to me. "Is it about Sirius?"
"Somewhat, but also this," I said, handing them the letter from Fred. "He didn't even say goodbye."
"I'm going to kick his ass when we get back home," Ginny said, lightly punching me in the arm.
"Thank you," I said with a laugh. "He deserves it."
"The end of year feast is on," Hermione said. "We're heading down. You should come with. It'll keep your mind off of everything."
I nodded in response and headed down to the Great Hall with Hermione and Ginny by my side.

"Maddy!" Bri yelled and engulfed me in a hug. It had been a while since the two of us had seen each other, especially with everything that had been going on that year.
"Bri!" I yelled happily in response. "Come sit with me."
The four girls sat across from each other at the table.
"Did George break the news to you?" I asked Bri.
"Yeah, he did. He said that I could come over this summer though," she replied with a smile.
"Yay," I answered.  "We can spend summer together. It'll be just like old times."
"Yeah,  just like old times," she answered with a smile.

~*~

Author's note,

Sorry this chapter is so short but to make up for it, I've got a surprise!

I only have a chapter or so left of this book AND there will be a sequel (yay).

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and are as excited for the sequel as I am!!!

~MadGirl xxxx.